Angira Dhar, new face to join BollywoodJune 6th, 2011 - 5:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 6 (IANS) After working as a producer with Channel V and then behind the camera assisting movie director, Angira Dhar now faces the camera as an actress for her Bollywood debut “Ek Bura Aadmi”. She accepted the offer because she was looking for a change.
“I used to produce in channel V, which was an absolute fun. After that I quit television and started assisting directors. Acting just happened gradually. It’s a nice role and I think I needed that change also, so I took the offer,” Angira told IANS.
Born in Srinagar, Angira moved to Mumbai to do her graduation. In Ishraq Shah’s “Ek Bura Aadmi” she is paired with Arunudoy Singh.
Talking about how she won the role, she said: “One day I was shooting for channel V with VJ Yudi (Yudhistir). He was basically looking for actor on set. He saw me and he had some idea in his head about the spot he wanted to do for the Channel V. I shot that spot and Ishraq (the director) noticed me in that spot. He called me, auditioned me and I got selected.”
Angira never thought of getting into acting and it was her cousin Aaksh Dhar, who made a guest appearance in Abhinay Deo’s “Game”, who motivated her to take acting seriously.
“I have been asked for acting before, but I never did that because I was too concentrated on direction. I wanted to get the feel of it. I take projects not as a exposure, but for an experience. Whatever I get, I try to capitalise on that. Whatever little or whatever more, I need to have that kind of confidence before choosing a script,” she said.
“Also, my cousin Aakash gave me the confidence and required support. I had all the support and backing from parents,” said Angira, whose aim is to balance both.
“I would like to do both because direction is obviously something I had aimed for. I always aspire to be an ad filmmaker. So documentaries, ads and short films are what I would like to start with. On the other hand, I love acting because it’s so much different than technical thinking. There is more improvisation and interaction and I love that,” she said.
- A 'hatke' film can not always be good: Arunoday Singh - Jun 07, 2011
- Riya Sen refuses to shoot item song - Oct 17, 2011
- TV going downhill for a decade: Kitu Gidwani (Interview) - Jun 08, 2011
- Raveena set for dance number in 'Bbuddah...'(Movie Snippets) - Jun 08, 2011
- Imran Khan turns photographer for Kareena Kapoor - Feb 04, 2012
- Don't think my husband and I'll work together: Shruti Seth - Apr 08, 2012
- From Muscat to Mumbai to Bollywood, a beauty queen debuts - Apr 01, 2011
- Buddy bonding between Hrithik, Farhan, Abhay (Film Snippets) - Jun 30, 2011
- My wife my greatest critic: Kabir Khan - Aug 10, 2012
- Farah finds acting funny! - Jan 27, 2012
- Models wait for their Bollywood breaks - Jun 05, 2012
- Stop creating confusion over copyright issue: Shabana (Movie Snippets) - May 19, 2012
- Acting was no longer a challenge: Prashant Bhatt - May 17, 2012
- Abhishek comes to sets as actor, not as star: Sarah Jane Dias - Mar 14, 2011
- Anchorman 'I love lamps' prank pulled off on live TV - Jan 05, 2012
Tags: actress, ad filmmaker, aim, confidence, cousin, debut, deo, documentaries, game, graduation, guest appearance, ishraq, movie director, New Delhi, new face, parents, short films, television, yudi