Angad Cheema fourth in U-21 at Faldo seriesMarch 17th, 2012 - 3:03 pm ICT by IANS
Mission Hills (China), March 17 (IANS) Angad Cheema fired an even par 72 in the final round with three birdies, an eagle and a bogey besides a quadruple bogey on par-4 11th in the sixth Faldo Series Asia Grand final gold event here Saturday.
Without quadruple bogey, the All India Matchplay champion would have finished inside top-3 in his category and top-5 overall. But after his 72 he ended at 218 and fourth in Under-21 section and eighth in the overall standings.
The winner in Under-21 was Cahyo Adhimtomo of Indonesia at 209 and the second place went to Gavin Samuels of England at 215. The third place was taken by Mikumu Horikawa of Japan at 217. Cheema ended at 218 in fourth place.
Meanwhile, Masamichi Ito of Japan claimed the third Faldo Series title of his career.
The 16-year-old fired a final round 67 on the Faldo Course to win by three as he totalled 206.
He thus added another title to the ones he won in Asia and Europe in 2010. He received the trophy from six-time Major champion Nick Faldo.
Of the other Indians, Ankur Chadha (72) finished at 233 in eighth place in Under-18 and was 28th overall. Vashista Pawar (80) was 14th in Under-16 and 62nd overall at 249.
Among girls, Aditi Ashok (80) was 15th in Under-16 section and 55th overall at 244 while Gursimar Badwal (76) was 10th in her category and 60th overall at 248.
- Faldo golf: Cheema seventh overall, second in U-21 - Mar 15, 2012
- Angad Cheema tied 13th at Faldo Series Asia final - Mar 14, 2012
- Indians in lead at Faldo Series final golf - Mar 03, 2011
- Two-shot lead for Aditi Ashok at Usha Delhi Ladies golf - Apr 18, 2012
- Aditi grabs Usha Delhi Ladies golf title - Apr 19, 2012
- Aditi Ashok claims Usha Army Ladies golf title - Jun 20, 2012
- Chadha moves to top, Chikka lying second at Inter State Golf - Jun 16, 2011
- Gurbani maintains lead in Usha DGC Ladies Open - Nov 23, 2011
- India's Chadha lies third at Malaysian amateur golf - May 19, 2011
- Smriti, Rhea and Sharmila start well at European golf pre-qualifiers - Jan 09, 2012
- Vani edges out Gurbani to win Usha Northern India golf - Nov 17, 2011
- Manu Gandas wins the USHA-IGU juniors golf title - Apr 13, 2012
- Chikka leads Jasjit by three shots in Samarvir Sahi golf - Feb 28, 2012
- Faldo series: Chikka two behind leader, Rashid further back - Mar 10, 2010
- India slips to third place in Nomura Cup - Aug 17, 2011
Tags: ashok, asia and europe, birdies, bogey, chadha, champion nick faldo, china march, eighth place, faldo course, faldo series, horikawa, India, indians, indonesia, march 17, matchplay, mission hills china, nick faldo, samuels, trophy