Andhra policeman kills wife, keeps body home for three daysJuly 23rd, 2008 - 9:14 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, July 23 (IANS) In a shocking incident, a sub-inspector of the Andhra Pradesh police allegedly murdered his wife and kept her body for three days at his house in Chilukanagar here, said the police Wednesday. The incident came to light when his neighbours in Chilukanagar in Uppal area complained to the police Wednesday about the stench emanating from his house.
On breaking open the door, the policemen were shocked to find Leelavati’s body lying on the ground and her husband Venugopal sitting alone beside it on a chair and consuming liquor. The police are trying to find the whereabouts of their two children.
The police suspected Venugopal murdered his wife three days ago.
Venugopal, who hails from Chittoor district, denied that he committed the murder. He told newsmen that he and his wife consumed liquor last night. “As she had gone to sleep, I did not disturb her. I don’t know what happened to her,” he said.
The police took Venugopal into custody.
“We have begun the investigations. The autopsy report will throw light on whether it was a suicide or a murder,” said Insepctor Bhaskar Goud of Uppal police station.
Neighbours told the police that Venugopal often came home drunk and beat his wife.
Venugopal, who was working for Special Protection Force (SPF), was transferred here six months ago.
- Alcoholic man kills wife - Oct 29, 2011
- Decayed bodies found in Karachi house - Aug 14, 2011
- Delhi housewife found murdered, husband missing - Apr 23, 2012
- Man held for wife's murder - May 19, 2011
- Punjab man gets death for burning two sons to death - Sep 18, 2012
- Man kills wife in front of son - Mar 30, 2011
- Andhra college employee murders girl student - May 07, 2011
- Couple arrested for killing film producer in Delhi - Jun 20, 2012
- Moonshine kills seven Hindus in Pakistan - Oct 20, 2011
- Family quarrels lead to killings, attempted murder in Maharashtra - Jun 29, 2012
- Woman killed in Bihar for getting drunk - Jun 21, 2012
- Teenager kills, burns parents in Haryana - May 14, 2012
- Husband murders wife, daughters, kills self in Gurgaon - Apr 20, 2012
- 22-year-old maid raped by employer, two others - Jun 22, 2011
- Three of family murdered in Haryana's Sonipat - Apr 20, 2012