Andhra minister arrested in Jagan’s graft case (Lead)May 24th, 2012 - 3:27 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 24 (IANS) The CBI Thursday arrested Andhra Pradesh Excise Minister Mopidevi Venkataramna in connection with a corruption case related to YSR Congress chief Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy.
Venkataramna was arrested soon after he appeared before them for questioning for a second consecutive day.
A Central Bureau of Investigation official said the minister was arrested at Dilkusha Guest House, the camp office of the investigating agency. He is likely to be produced in court later in the day.
Venkataramna, the first minister to be arrested in the case, was nabbed a day before Jaganmohan Reddy, known as Jagan, is to appear before CBI for questioning.
Venkataramna was minister for infrastructure and investment in the late Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy’s cabinet when certain companies were shown undue favours in return for investments they made in his son Jagan’s businesses.
- Andhra minister arrested in Jagan graft case (Third Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Andhra minister arrested in Jagan graft case (Second Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Andhra minister arrested, sent to judicial custody in Jagan graft case (Evening Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Jagan to appear before CBI today - May 25, 2012
- Former Andhra minister sent to jail - May 30, 2012
- CBI questions Jagan for third day - May 27, 2012
- CBI summons another Andhra minister in Jagan case - Jun 05, 2012
- Jagan arrested in assets case, Andhra on alert (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- Jagan arrested in assets case - May 27, 2012
- Jagan's second phase CBI custody ends - Jun 10, 2012
- CBI questions Andhra minister in Jagan case - Apr 14, 2012
- CBI to continue questioning Jagan Sunday (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- CBI grills Andhra minister in Jagan case - May 23, 2012
- CBI questions Jagan for second day (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Venkataramana's arrest sends Andhra ministers into tizzy - May 24, 2012