Andhra Maoists sneak into Chhattisgarh?August 29th, 2012 - 3:39 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Aug 29 (IANS) A large number of technical and explosive experts among the Maoists in Andhra Pradesh have entered Chhattisgarh with a view to attacking security forces, police sources said.
Bastar Inspector General of Police T.J. Langkumer said security forces had been put on alert in the entire Bastar region.
Langkumer told IANS that several Andhra Pradesh-based Maoists “are believed to have sneaked into Bijapur district in Chhattisgarh to execute a major operation here”.
Bijapur Superintendent of Police Prashant Agrawal said the outlawed Communist Party of India-Maoist was also indulging in a psychological war against security forces.
He said they were mining the interiors of the Bastar region, especially roads, often with fake improvised explosive devices (IEDs) filled with soil just to test the nerves of security forces.
On Aug 22, the 85th battalion of the Central Reserve Police Force detected 30 IEDs hidden beneath the Pamalvaya-Cherapal cemented road.
This, officials realized, had been done to create confusion among security forces engaged in anti-Maoist operations.
According to local sources, Maoist guerrillas who are experts in explosives were simultaneously mining the area.
They were also training local cadres on how to plant explosives in rural areas.
The Maoists are opposed to construction of cemented roads in the interiors since these would give the security forces easy access to rural pockets.
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Security forces kill 17 Maoists (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Security forces on alert as Maoists protest - Jun 01, 2012
- Landmines recovered in Chhattisgarh - Apr 28, 2011
- Bastar deserted due to Maoist shutdown - Jul 29, 2011
- Maoists kill villager, blast Chitrakot police post (Second Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Maoist 'revolutionary week' hits life in Chhattisgarh - Jun 07, 2010
- Chhattisgarh steps up security during Maoist protest week - Jun 03, 2012
- Special police teams to keep vigil on top Maoist leaders (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Maoist protest week hits life in Chhattisgarh interiors - Jul 04, 2011
- Man killed by Maoists during Chhattisgarh shutdown (Lead) - Oct 23, 2010
- Maoist strike begins in Chhattisgarh - Jul 07, 2010
- Maoists blast Chitrakot police post, disrupt Bastar life (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Tribals upset over ban on traditional weapons - Aug 31, 2012
- Maoist shutdown hits life in Chhattisgarh's Bastar - Oct 23, 2010
Tags: agrawal, andhra pradesh, bastar, cadres, chhattisgarh raipur, communist party of india, explosive devices, explosive experts, explosives, guerrillas, inspector general, maoist, maoists, police force, police sources, prashant, psychological war, reserve police, rural areas, security forces