Andhra high court cancels Jagan aide’s bailApril 20th, 2012 - 3:11 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, April 20 (IANS) The Andhra Pradesh High Court Friday cancelled the bail of Vijay Sai Reddy, an aide of YSR Congress party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy, in an illegal assets case.
Justice K.C. Bhanu, who had reserved his orders Thursday, pronounced it Friday, cancelling the bail granted by a lower court.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had moved the petition that the bail granted by the special CBI court could hamper its investigations.
CBI counsel told the court that the agency filed the first charge sheet against Jaganmohan Reddy, Vijay Sai Reddy and others in respect to aspects where it concluded investigations.
After spending over three months in the Chanchalguda Central Jail, Vijay Sai Reddy was released on April 13 on a conditional bail granted by the special CBI court.
Vijay Sai was arrested by the CBI on Jan 2, and listed the number two accused in the charge sheet filed by the investigating agency last month.
The vice-president of Jagati Publications Private Limited (JPPL), owned by Jaganmohan Reddy, is also an auditor in many other companies of the state.
The CBI had booked Jaganmohan Reddy, who is popularly known as Jagan, and 73 companies and individuals in August last year on directions of the Andhra Pradesh High Court.
According to the investigating agency, Jaganmohan Reddy conspired with his father and then chief minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy to dole out several favours to certain companies in return for the investments they made into his businesses.
Vijay Sai Reddy is the only person arrested in this case so far.
- CBI files second charge sheet in Jagan assets case - Apr 23, 2012
- Jagan's aide again released on bail - Apr 30, 2012
- Jagan aide Vijay Sai Reddy gets bail - Apr 13, 2012
- High court refuses to cancel Jagan aide's bail (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Jagan's aide remanded in CBI custody till Jan 9 - Jan 04, 2012
- CBI charge sheets Jagan, 12 others (Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- Court rejects Jagan aide's plea for laptop in jail (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- CBI seeks custody of two officials in Jagan's assets case - Feb 14, 2012
- CBI grills Vijay Sai in Jagan's assets case - Jan 05, 2012
- CBI charge sheets Jagan, 12 others in illegal assets case (Second Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- Jagan aide's judicial custody extended - Feb 21, 2012
- 11 get bail in Jagan's illegal assets case - May 28, 2012
- Jagan's judicial custody extended, complains of 'insult' (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- CBI seeks court nod for Jagan aide's narco test - Jan 25, 2012
- Congress, TDP want to see Jagan behind bars - Jan 03, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh high court, assets, bhanu, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, central jail, chief minister, congress party, favours, investigating agency, investigations, investments, jagan, party leader, petition, three months, vice president, ysr