Andhra governor accepts minister’s resignation over TelanganaJune 1st, 2011 - 9:01 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, June 1 (IANS) Andhra Pradesh Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan Wednesday accepted the resignation of cabinet minister J. Krishna Rao over the delay in formation of a separate Telangana state.
The governor accepted the minister’s resignation on the advice of Chief Minister N. Kiran Kumar Reddy, said a communique from Raj Bhavan.
State Information Technology Minister Ponnala Lakshmaiah will look after the portfolio of endowments, held by Krishna Rao.
Earlier, the chief minister called on the governor and advised him to accept the resignation of his cabinet colleague.
Krishna Rao had Tuesday submitted his resignation to the governor. He had earlier sent his resignation to Congress President Sonia Gandhi on March 3.
Krishna Rao urged all the ministers and legislators from Telangana to resign to exert pressure on the leadership to accord separate statehood to the region.
- Minister from Telangana quits - May 31, 2011
- Minister from Telangana resigns for separate state - Oct 01, 2011
- Kiran Kumar not to have deputy chief minister (Night Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Andhra minister quits over Telangana issue (Lead) - Mar 03, 2011
- Kiran Reddy inducts two ministers, drops one (Lead) - Jan 19, 2012
- New Andhra ministers get portfolios - Jan 20, 2012
- Andhra minister complains against two 'tainted' colleagues - Sep 29, 2011
- Three ministers inducted in Andhra cabinet (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Two PRP leaders sworn in as Andhra ministers - Jan 19, 2012
- Two PRP leaders to be inducted in Andhra cabinet - Jan 18, 2012
- Rajanarasimha Andhra's new deputy chief minister - Jun 10, 2011
- PM discusses Telangana with governor, to meet CM - Oct 08, 2011
- UPA seeks more time for decision on Telangana (Lead) - Oct 01, 2011
- Tension at Telangana student's funeral procession - Mar 25, 2012
- Crisis in Andhra as 73 Telangana legislators quit (Second Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
Tags: andhra pradesh, cabinet minister, chief minister, colleague, congress president sonia gandhi, endowments, hyderabad, information technology minister, kiran kumar, krishna rao, leadership, legislators, narasimhan, resignation, state information technology, statehood, telangana