Andhra CBI judge arrested in cash-for-bail caseJune 19th, 2012 - 1:32 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, June 19 (IANS) The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) in Andhra Pradesh Tuesday arrested suspended CBI judge T. Pattabhirama Rao in the cash-for-bail case involving former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy.
The ACB officials arrested him from his residence in the posh Banajara Hills neighbourhood here and took him to ACB headquarters. He is likely to be produced in the court later in the day.
First Additional CBI judge Pattabhirama Rao was suspended May 31 after the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) found that he took bribe for granting bail to Janardhana Reddy in an illegal mining case.
He allegedly granted bail in a Rs.5 crore deal with the relatives of Janardhana Reddy.
The suspended judge was arrested three days after son Ravichandra and retired district judge T. V. Chalapati Rao were taken into custody.
According to ACB officials, Rs.1.60 crore cash was recovered from five bank lockers belonging to Ravichandra and Rs 1.14 crore recovered from Chalapati Rao’s brother Balaji Rao.
The ACB had earlier arrested Yadgiri, a thug in Nalgonda district.
Pattabhirama Rao and seven others including Janardhana Reddy’s brothers Somasekhara Reddy and Suresh Babu, both legislators from Karnataka, were booked by the ACB after the case was transferred to it June 8.
The judge granted bail May 11 to Janardhana Reddy. The bail order was last week set aside by the high court.
- Ex-judge, suspended judge's son arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jun 16, 2012
- Karnataka MLA Somasekhara Reddy held in cash-for-bail scam - Aug 06, 2012
- Mining baron Reddy's kin arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jul 22, 2012
- 'Janardhana Reddy wanted bail at any cost' - Jul 23, 2012
- Suspended judge sent to police custody in bribery scam - Jun 29, 2012
- Andhra ACB files charge sheet in cash-for-bail case - Aug 13, 2012
- Cash-for-bail: Suspended judge, seven others booked - Jun 09, 2012
- Karnataka BJP MLA Somasekhara Reddy held in cash-for-bail deal (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Mediator received Rs.9.5 crore to arrange bail for Reddy - Jul 03, 2012
- Two more judges sent to jail in cash-for-bail scam - Jul 12, 2012
- Names of two more judges surface in cash-for-bail scam - Jul 11, 2012
- Former Karnataka minister Sriramulu appears before Anti-Corruption Bureau - Aug 21, 2012
- Ex-Karnataka minister Janardhana Reddy's bail cancelled - Jun 13, 2012
- Two Karnataka legislators summoned in Andhra cash-for-bail scam - Jul 24, 2012
- Andhra's cash-for-bail scam sent to anti-graft bureau - Jun 09, 2012
Tags: acb, andhra pradesh, balaji, bribe, brother, cbi, central bureau of investigation, corruption bureau, district judge, karnataka minister, legislators, neighbourhood, rao, relatives, suresh, thug