Andhra assembly condemns attack on MIM leaderDecember 3rd, 2011 - 4:25 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Dec 3 (IANS) The Andhra Pradesh assembly Saturday unanimously condemned the April 30 attack on Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) leader Akbaruddin Owaisi.
Speaker N. Manohar read out a statement condemning the assault on Akbaruddin, MIM’s floor leader in the assembly.
“This house unanimously condemns in an unequivocal terms the brutal and dastardly attack on Akbaruddin Owaisi,” said the statement.
The speaker said there was no room for violence in democracy and differences of any kind should be resolved through talks.
The house wished MIM leader a speedy recovery and hoped that he would soon participate in the assembly debates.
MIM legislators demanded an opportunity to speak on the statement but the speaker refused the permission.
Minister for Legislative Affairs D. Sridhar Babu told the house that the government would make a separate statement on the incident and the action taken.
Owaisi was critically injured in the attack by a group of people in his constituency Chandrayangutta in the old city of Hyderabad April 30.
One of the attackers was shot dead by a security guard of MIM legislator Ahmed Balala.
- MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi injured in firing (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- MIM legislator Owaisi discharged from hospital - May 20, 2011
- MIM leader Owaisi injured in attack, Hyderabad tense (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- MIM leader attack: Seven accused sent to judicial custody - May 04, 2011
- MIM leader Akbar Owaisi injured in attack; Hyderabad tense (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- MIM leader Akbar Owaisi attacked, Hyderabad tense (Night Lead) - May 01, 2011
- MIM leader Akbar Owaisi remains critical - May 01, 2011
- MIM leader Akbar Owaisi stable - May 02, 2011
- Two more arrested for attack on Owaisi - May 03, 2011
- MIM leader Akbar Owaisi's condition still critical (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- MIM not to pursue politics of murder, says Asaduddin Owaisi - May 22, 2011
- High alert in Hyderabad after attack on Owaisi - Apr 30, 2011
- Congress seeks Hyderabad mayor's post - Nov 25, 2011
- After assassination attempt, MIM got strengthened: Asaduddin Owaisi (Interview) - May 18, 2011
- Five accused of attacking MIM leader surrender to police - May 02, 2011
Tags: andhra pradesh assembly, attackers, babu, constituency, dastardly attack, debates, democracy, floor leader, legislative affairs, legislator, legislators, security guard, speedy recovery, sridhar, violence