Andhra ACB files charge sheet in cash-for-bail caseAugust 13th, 2012 - 8:22 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Aug 13 (IANS) Andhra Pradesh’s Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) Monday filed a charge sheet in the cash-for-bail case involving former Karnataka minister and mining baron Gali Janardhana Reddy.
Suspended CBI judge T. Pattabhirama Rao and retired judge T. V. Chalapathi Rao are among eight accused figured in the 40-page charge sheet submitted to the ACB court.
Janardhana Reddy’s brother Gali Somasekhara Reddy, Suresh Babu - both legislators in Karnataka, Babu’s relative Dasaradharami Reddy, Pattabhirama Rao’s son Ravichandra, criminal Yadagiri Rao and a junior lawyer Aditya are the other accused named in the charge sheet.
Pattabhirama Rao had granted bail to Janardhana Reddy in illegal mining case for a huge bribe in May this year. The investigations by the ACB revealed that Janardhana Reddy’s relatives paid Rs.10 crore to the judge and the other accused.
All the eight accused named in the charge sheet have already been arrested by the ACB and they are all lodged in Cherlapally Jail here.
The ACB submitted to the court the statements by 50 witnesses in the case. The accused have been charged under various sections of Indian Penal Code and Prevention of Corruption Act.
The Andhra Pradesh High Court had suspended Pattabhirama Rao after preliminary probe by the CBI established that he received the bribe.
The ACB, which subsequently took up investigations, also booked a separate case against three accused including two judges for trying to bribe the CBI judge.
Chief judge of city small causes court K. Lakshmi Narasimha Rao, district and sessions judge D. Prabhakar Rao and realtor Ravi Surya Prakash Babu are also in jail on charges of approaching Pattabhirama Rao with the bribe offer on behalf of Janardhana Reddy’s family.
Pattabhirama Rao had rejected the offer but later accepted the one which came through his friend Chalapathi Rao.
- Mining baron Reddy's kin arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jul 22, 2012
- 'Janardhana Reddy wanted bail at any cost' - Jul 23, 2012
- Karnataka MLA Somasekhara Reddy held in cash-for-bail scam - Aug 06, 2012
- Mediator received Rs.9.5 crore to arrange bail for Reddy - Jul 03, 2012
- Two Karnataka legislators summoned in Andhra cash-for-bail scam - Jul 24, 2012
- Former Karnataka minister Sriramulu appears before Anti-Corruption Bureau - Aug 21, 2012
- Suspended judge sent to police custody in bribery scam - Jun 29, 2012
- Two more judges sent to jail in cash-for-bail scam - Jul 12, 2012
- Karnataka BJP MLA Somasekhara Reddy held in cash-for-bail deal (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Ex-judge, suspended judge's son arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jun 16, 2012
- Names of two more judges surface in cash-for-bail scam - Jul 11, 2012
- Andhra CBI judge arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jun 19, 2012
- Cash-for-bail: Suspended judge, seven others booked - Jun 09, 2012
- Ex-Karnataka minister Janardhana Reddy's bail cancelled - Jun 13, 2012
- Stage set for arrest of suspended Andhra CBI judge - Jun 02, 2012
Tags: acb, aditya, andhra pradesh high court, bribe, cbi, chief judge, corruption bureau, crore, gali, indian penal code, investigations, karnataka minister, lakshmi narasimha, legislators, narasimha rao, prabhakar rao, prevention of corruption act, realtor, relatives, suresh babu