And now Obama airline discounts!February 19th, 2009 - 9:23 am ICT by IANS
Toronto, Feb 19 (IANS) Here is yet another industry in the name of US President Barack Obama. Obama airline discounts.
To celebrate President Barack Obama’s visit to Canada Thursday, the country’s second largest airline WestJet has announced a month-long discount to passengers traveling between the two countries. This offer which will save travellers up to $50 is valid till March 31.
Making a statement here, the airline said the discount is “a demonstration of the strong relationship between Canada and the United States.”
It said, “WestJet guests will be able to save on travel between the two countries using the online promo code `OBAMA’ which will provide travellers with round-trip savings of $50 off WestJet’s already low fares.
To obtain this offer, passengers must book their flights before midnight February 19, it said.
“On behalf of our more than 7,400 WestJetters, we welcome President Obama to Canada,” said Richard Bartrem, WestJet vice president of culture and communications.
“In the interest of stimulating our respective economies, we are pleased to offer this discount as our way of encouraging our American neighbours to visit us and for our Canadian guests to escape the cold winter to warmer destinations down south.
“In either direction, both economies will benefit,” he said.
Bartrem added, “We also take this opportunity to invite President Obama to visit our Canadian success story in Calgary on his next Canadian visit.
“We look forward to welcoming him to our new environmentally-friendly head office.”
Meanwhile, the national carrier Air Canada Wednesday introduced `Europe Pass’ as part of its Grand Tour of Europe.
“Air Canada knows that Europe is a timeless destination and one visit isnever enough. So we are making it easier and more affordable than ever to make multiple trips from Canada to Europe through the year with our ‘Europe Pass’,” Air Canada vice president Charles McKee said.
He said customers who buy the ‘Europe Pass’ can choose up to nine major European cities “depending on the season so you can catch a spring fashion show in Paris, enjoy Oktoberfest in Munich, Christmas shop in London or visit any of the other great European destinations.”
- Southwest Airlines responds to possible WestJet deal with Delta Airlines - Apr 02, 2010
- Indian choir to perform in Toronto - Aug 09, 2011
- Jet inks frequent flier partnership with US Airways - Mar 05, 2011
- Fighter jets intercept two small planes in Obama's airspace - Aug 07, 2012
- Emirates woos passengers with New Year discount - Dec 27, 2011
- Cash-strapped Air Canada allows dogs, cats in cabins - Jun 18, 2009
- Jet Airways offers Women's Day discounts - Mar 02, 2012
- Gulf Air announces discounted fares to select destinations - Dec 12, 2011
- EuropebyAir expands its product offerings by including Expedia - Aug 24, 2010
- Airline offers free flights on Halloween in Canada - Oct 29, 2008
- Ajit Singh calls Air India unions for talks (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Lufthansa introduces new jet service, hopes to increase India market share - Aug 08, 2012
- Obama proposal for entry fee on Canadians creates uproar - Feb 18, 2011
- Canada, EU sign historic deal to open skies - Dec 10, 2008
- Malaysia Airlines offers 80 percent discount on fares - May 14, 2011