And now Kerala to air educational reality showSeptember 1st, 2010 - 4:51 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Sep 1 (IANS) The country’s first-of-its-kind Educational Reality Show is aimed at unleashing the creativity and innovativeness of school students in Kerala, thanks to the initiative of IT@School ViCTERS.
Speaking to IANS, chief of IT@School Anwar Sadath said 75 episodes in the show, with participants from classes from I to X, will be aired on the IT@School ViCTERS channel from November to January.
“We try to integrate the learning elements with the societal roles of children. Here both students and teachers of the government and aided schools will be presenting the achievement with the help of videos, IT-enabled communication tools and any other forms of communication,” said Sadath.
The achievements can be in the pedagogical innovations - activity-based, bringing in IT into education, infrastructure, best teaching practices, physical fitness programmes, agriculture initiatives in schools, sanitation and cleanliness etc.
“This show will also be an ideal opportunity in understanding the different aspects of the learning process and will help in gauging the feedback of students and teachers for policy making,” said Sadath.
Each episode will have three segments.
“The first segment will be a profile of the school, then there will be a video prepared by our crew on the different activities of the school, and then the school will be given an opportunity to present their performance before a jury. The overall performance of the school in at least three of the fifteen sectors suggested will be evaluated,” said Sadath.
The eligibility and evaluation criteria along with prize details will be announced next month.
IT@School is the technology arm of the general education department of the state government, set up for empowering the state school populace by imparting ICT-enabled education besides implementing e-governance within the education department.
- Kerala education channel to go online Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2010
- Kerala's IT@School Project to train Parents - Aug 14, 2011
- Kerala's state education channel to telecast BBC videos - May 08, 2010
- Kerala's ICT textbook to teach audio, video technology - Feb 21, 2011
- 'New class 10 ICT textbook with animation and GIS' - Feb 27, 2012
- Free animation skills for Kerala school kids - Apr 29, 2011
- Now Skoool web technologies in all Kerala schools - Feb 20, 2010
- Deutsche Welle to broadcast educational programmes in Kerala - Jul 21, 2009
- Educational programmes via TV from Germany to India - Aug 03, 2009
- Visually challenged teachers learn computers - Aug 04, 2011
- Intel donates 625 laptops for Kerala e-learning school project - Oct 02, 2011
- Kerala school project gets global recognition - Dec 02, 2010
- Differently-abled students in Kerala to be made computer literate - Nov 01, 2011
- 45,000 Kerala students to be trained in IT - Dec 21, 2010
- Glitch forces ISRO to shut educational channel, students suffer - Feb 24, 2011
Tags: anwar, communication tools, e governance, education infrastructure, educational reality, evaluation criteria, fitness programmes, forms of communication, general education department, innovativeness, pedagogical innovations, physical fitness, populace, prize details, reality show, sanitation, societal roles, state government, teaching practices, technology arm