And now, Airtel to enter direct-to-home television marketOctober 7th, 2008 - 2:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 7 (IANS) Telecom operator Airtel Tuesday announced the launch of its direct-to-home (DTH) satellite television service. The service will be available in 62 cities from Oct 9, a senior company official said here.
“This is a right time for Airtel to enter the market. We are very clear at Airtel and will take over as a leader of the sector as soon as possible,” Airtel chief executive officer and managing director Manoj Kohli said.
According to Kohli, the company’s DTH services will have universal remote for both set top box (STB) that receives signal from the antenna, and the television set, besides other features such as high STB memory, exclusive interactive applications, onscreen games and more efficient battery.
- Airtel set to enter direct-to-home television sector (Lead) - Oct 07, 2008
- TRAI move on STB interoperability receives mixed response - Sep 17, 2010
- Videocon d2h launches satellite LCDs - Sep 14, 2010
- Tata Sky gearing up to meet demand post-digitisation - Feb 15, 2012
- Bharti Airtel to acquire Telecom Seychelles for $62 million - Aug 11, 2010
- Bharti Airtel appoints new CEOs - Aug 10, 2011
- Airtel DTH launches digital TV recorder - Apr 07, 2010
- 'Rangbaaz' promo to release on internet (Bhojpuri movie snippets) (With Images) - Jun 17, 2011
- Indian mega satellite spins in geo transfer orbit (Second Lead) - May 21, 2011
- Bharti Airtel inks managed services deal with Ericsson - Jul 21, 2011
- Airtel digital TV launches "Magic dekho, talktime pao" offer - May 29, 2009
- India's mega satellite GSAT-8 put into transfer orbit (Lead) - May 21, 2011
- Airtel deal with Nokia Siemens for expansion in Africa - Sep 29, 2011
- India's heavy satellite GSAT-8 launched from French Guiana - May 21, 2011
- Bharti Airtel signs network expansion deal with Huawei - Jun 01, 2011