An attack on India, says Tendulkar

December 2nd, 2008 - 9:26 pm ICT by IANS  

Sachin TendulkarNew Delhi, Dec 2 (IANS) Sachin Tendulkar has described the terrorist attack on Mumbai as an attack on India and thanked commandos and policemen who took on the well armed killers in Mumbai.”I thank the brave soldiers, the NSG (National Security Guard) commandos, marine commandoes, Mumbai police, fire brigade personnel, the staff of the hotels and the innumerable officers and jawans who stood in the line of fire. I salute you,” Tendulkar was quoted as saying on Star News.

Tendulkar said he got to know about the incident after the sixth ODI against England Wednesday night.

“Since then I have been disturbed. I have been tracking the horrific images of mayhem on television. It saddened me to see my countrymen being targeted. I could not sleep all this time. I am numb; the images keep playing in my head. This was just not an attack on Mumbai; it is an attack on India,” he said.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |