An assistant engineer worth Rs.70 million!March 1st, 2012 - 1:35 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, March 1 (IANS) An assistant engineer employed with the water resources department in Chhattisgarh has assets woth Rs.70 million, Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) officials claimed Thursday.
“The ACB sleuths raided two locations — Raipur and Baloda Bazar town — of the assistant engineer Purshotam Agrawal and seized several documents yesterday (Wednesday),” D.M. Awasthi, additional director general (ACB), told reporters here.
“We are analyzing the documents and so far we found that the official has amassed assets not less than Rs.7 crore (Rs.70 million),” said Awasthi.
He stated that the exact amount, earned through disproportionate sources of income, may go higher once the ACB completes the analysis of all documents seized in raids.
Awasthi said the engineer had invested the most of his money on land purchase and bungalows in prime locations in Raipur and Baloda Bazar town, some 100 km from here.
He had started as a sub-engineer in 1980 and was promoted to the post of assistant engineer in 1993.
According to the ACB officials, the engineer had made majority of the investments in the real estate sector after 2005.
- Rs.50 mn assets seized from Chhattisgarh government employee - Aug 25, 2011
- Chhattisgarh labour official has over Rs.20 mn assets - Jan 07, 2012
- With Rs.35 mn in assets, forest official in dock - May 11, 2011
- A forest ranger owns property worth over Rs.4 crore! - Sep 08, 2010
- Chhattisgarh engineer has assets of Rs.40 million - Nov 26, 2010
- Two Bastar officers found holding millions worth assets - Jul 20, 2011
- Chhattisgarh officer owns Rs.6 crore illegal property - Nov 26, 2011
- Junior official owns assets worth Rs.40 mn - Apr 20, 2011
- Chhattisgarh official found with assets worth Rs.11 cr - Aug 29, 2012
- Chhattisgarh official owns assets worth Rs.40 mn! - Oct 22, 2010
- Chhattisgarh officer faces anti-corruption raid - Jan 22, 2011
- Junior engineer raided for unaccounted money - Aug 05, 2010
- Raids on Chhattisgarh Police officer unearth Rs.30 mn - Jul 22, 2010
- Rs.5 crore-worth assets seized from Madhya Pradesh sub-engineer - Dec 15, 2011
- Chhattisgarh engineer owns assets over Rs.60 mn - Sep 22, 2011
Tags: acb, agrawal, assets, assistant engineer, bungalows, chhattisgarh, corruption bureau, director general, investments, march 1, money, prime locations, real estate sector, sleuths, water resources department, worth rs