Amy Winehouse found dead at London home (Lead)July 24th, 2011 - 1:45 am ICT by IANS
London, July 24 (IANS) Troubled singer Amy Winehouse, who was struggling with her drug addiction, was Saturday found dead in her North London home, reports hollywood.com.
Emergency services responded to a call at 3:54 p.m. (GMT) but once officers arrived, they found her unresponsive.
Hollywood.com further reported that a statement released by the Metropolitan Police said: “Police were called by the London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square NW1 shortly before 16.05 hours today, Saturday 23rd July following reports of a woman found deceased.”
At this point in time, police are treating her death as “unexplained.”
In May, Amy, 27, checked into a treatment centre and her spokesman, Chris Goodman, said the reason behind seeking help from professionals was because she wanted to be completely ready for her upcoming tour in Europe this summer.
However, she only stayed at the clinic for one week, and Goodman clarified that she would continue working towards getting healthy with the facility’s help as an outpatient.
Shortly after that came the news that Amy cancelled her entire European tour after she attempted to perform in Belgrade under the influence and was booed off the stage after she had trouble singing the words to her song, “Just Friends”.
Of the tour cancellation, Tim Gatt of Sky News tweeted: “Amy Winehouse is withdrawing from all scheduled performances. Everyone involved wishes to do everything they can to help her return to her best and she will be given as long as it takes for this to happen.”
While she was at the peak of career, Winehouse tied the knot with Blake Fielder-Civil in 2007 in Miami. It was Blake who had taken responsibility for introducing her to crack cocaine and heroin.
Six months after their marriage, Blake was arrested for assault and sent to jail. He was released in February 2009. While he was away, Winehouse had faced one legal challenge after another, generally stemming from drug use.
She ended her turbulent marriage in 2009.
- Singer Amy Winehouse found dead at home - Jul 24, 2011
- Singer Amy Winehouse found dead in London apartment - Jul 24, 2011
- Reg Traviss devastated after Winehouse's death - Aug 08, 2011
- No autopsy on Amy Winehouse before Monday morning - Jul 24, 2011
- Winehouse drank herself to death? - Jul 25, 2011
- Lady Gaga wants to star as Amy Winehouse in movie - Aug 05, 2011
- Amy Winehouse's new album to be released in December - Oct 31, 2011
- Winehouse's life-size statue in Camden? - Jun 08, 2012
- Winehouse bought crack cocaine before death, says peddler - Aug 01, 2011
- Amy Winehouse 'asks new lover to move into her London home' - Jun 25, 2010
- Amy Winehouse's posthumous album to be released soon - Aug 01, 2011
- Winehouse's home now a rehab charity - Aug 06, 2011
- Fielder-Civil to visit Winehouse's grave for first time - Sep 03, 2012
- Did Gaga visit Winehouse home? - Nov 22, 2011
- Amy died of seizure during detox? - Sep 11, 2011
Tags: amy winehouse, belgrade, cancellation, chris goodman, cocaine, drug addiction, drug use, emergency services, gatt, heroin, just friends, knot, legal challenge, london ambulance service, metropolitan police, north london, point in time, sky news, time police, tour in europe