AMU to set up modern information and communication labJuly 25th, 2008 - 7:48 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 25 (IANS) The Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) will set up a state-of-art information and communication laboratory for its engineering students, a university official said Friday. “An alumnus of the university, M.P. Varshney, has donated Rs.1 million for setting up the lab,” AMU spokesperson Rahat Abrar told IANS on phone.
The lab will be equipped with all the latest information and communication technology devices, including fast-speed computers, Internet and other facilities, he added.
Varshney studied in the varsity during 1942-46 and later joined the chemistry department of AMU as a faculty member, officials said.
- Plea against Aligarh Muslim University centres dismissed - Oct 08, 2010
- AMU to start religious counselling for students - Mar 29, 2010
- Shah Rukh Khan to visit Aligarh Muslim University - Jan 19, 2010
- AMU restores Hyderabad as centre for MBBS exam - Apr 30, 2010
- Website with 'largest digitization work' launched at AMU - Apr 30, 2010
- Rs.3 crore to Aligarh university for hockey turf - Oct 13, 2010
- AMU seeks help against radioactive source - Jul 05, 2010
- Rs.3.90 cr for Aligarh university hocky-turf (Lead) - Oct 13, 2010
- AMU to have 250-acre branch in Bihar - Nov 14, 2009
- FIR against Aligarh varsity officials in gay teacher case (Lead) - Apr 10, 2010
- AMU suspends six students for violence - Nov 05, 2009
- 273 acres available to AMU to start campus: Banerjee - Jul 30, 2012
- AMU signs MoU with George Washington University - Feb 17, 2010
- Aligarh university shuts in the wake of violence - Oct 30, 2009
- AMU seeks more land from Bihar government for new campus - Sep 24, 2009