AMU may get Indo-US energy centreJune 22nd, 2011 - 4:44 pm ICT by IANS
Aligarh, June 22 (IANS) The Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) may soon host the Indo-US energy centre.
Farooq Abdullah, minister for new and renewable energy, has promised to clear the project, said vice chancellor PK Abdul Azis late Tuesday.
Highlighting the increase in electricity consumption during an energy conservation meet here, Azis urged the AMU community to adopt possible corrective measures including use of modern-age technology.
AMU is a big consumer of Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd. with sanctioned load of 6.1 MVA and the power is received through two 33 KV lines, said Professor Anwaruddin Anwar, an electricity department official of AMU.
Anwar suggested power saving initiatives such as implanting solar geysers in residents’ halls, solar street lights and use of CFL lights in the campus. He also suggested use of energy efficient air conditioners and fans.
Dr Masood Akhtar, President, Cleantech Partners, Inc. from USA said that energy cooperation was a central element of the India-US strategic partnership as during US President Barack Obama’s India visit, an agreement was signed to set up a Joint Clean Energy Research and Development Centre.
Dr Sandeep Garg from the ministry of power, urged to educate consumers for making energy efficient purchases.
- Karnataka mulls mandatory use of CFL bulbs - Feb 28, 2011
- Bihar transfers land for AMU centre - Dec 30, 2011
- Campaign to promote fluorescent lamps - Jul 07, 2011
- Research nano energy packs, urges Abdul Kalam - Jan 09, 2012
- A new device to tap more solar energy invented - May 17, 2011
- No radioactive threat in AMU - Jul 12, 2010
- Delhi's monuments will be lit by solar energy - Sep 17, 2012
- Breakthrough to boost solar cell output by 40 percent - Apr 19, 2012
- Pranab assures all help to AMU's new centres - Jun 13, 2011
- Tweaking solar cell can double its efficiency - Jan 22, 2012
- He dispels darkness through solar lamps (With photo) - Aug 20, 2012
- New solar cell technology boosts efficiency of photovoltaics - Apr 30, 2011
- AMU, Jamia born with minority character: Salman Khurshid - Mar 12, 2011
- Now, power your home with 'solar paint' - Dec 22, 2011
- Farooq advocates increased use of solar power (Lead) - Jun 17, 2010
Tags: age technology, aligarh muslim university, barack obama, central element, cleantech, corporation ltd, corrective measures, electricity consumption, electricity department, energy centre, energy cooperation, energy efficient air conditioners, garg, geysers, india visit, kv lines, masood, solar street, strategic partnership, vice chancellor