AMU, Jakarta university to work closer togetherJune 11th, 2011 - 11:56 pm ICT by IANS
Aligarh, June 11 (IANS) A high-level Indonesian delegation led by Indonesian Ambassador Lieutenant General (Retd) Andi M. Ghalib Saturday visited the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) for exploring mutual cooperation in the field of education.
Talks between the delegation and the university officials have cleared the way for close cooperation between the AMU and the State Islamic University Syarif Hidayatullah in Jakarta.
S. Abrar Hasan, officiating vice chancellor of the AMU, said the talks will pave the way for teachers and students’ exchange programmes.
Komaruddin Hidayat, vice chancellor of the State Islamic University Syarif Hidayatullah, expressed the desire to promote the concept of split-degree in which the students can spend two years in the AMU and two years in the Indonesian university.
- Separate AMU union for girls - Sep 02, 2012
- AMU holds talks over tie up with American varsities - Mar 31, 2010
- AMU suspends 21 engineering students - Aug 08, 2012
- India, Indonesia to set $20 bn bilateral trade target - Jan 08, 2011
- AMU ties up with Indonesian institute - Dec 15, 2009
- East Asian nations need to cooperate on education: India (With Images) - Jul 05, 2012
- AMU signs MoU with George Washington University - Feb 17, 2010
- Website with 'largest digitization work' launched at AMU - Apr 30, 2010
- AMU lodges FIR against 27 for using unfair means - Jul 14, 2012
- Malaysia-India can enhance world economy: Minister - Nov 01, 2011
- Global experts at AMU's conference on chemistry - Mar 04, 2011
- Shah Rukh Khan to visit Aligarh Muslim University - Jan 19, 2010
- Aligarh university closed after violence - Apr 30, 2011
- AMU to start religious counselling for students - Mar 29, 2010
- AMU plans new centres across India - Oct 17, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,