AMU, Colombo varsity sign MoUApril 2nd, 2011 - 7:16 pm ICT by IANS
Aligarh, April 2 (IANS) The Aligarh Muslim University and the Institute of Indigenous Medicine, University of Colombo, signed a memorandum of understanding Saturday to strengthen and promote academic and research cooperation, especially in the traditional Unani system of medicine.
The MoU was signed by AMU registrar V.K. Abdul Jaleel and the director of Institute of Indigenous Medicine, Dr. R.A. Jayasinghe.
The MoU will facilitate cooperation and development in the areas of mutual interest and benefit and enable both institutions to promote individual contacts among scholars, students and faculty. It would also seek to promote links in teaching and research activities by providing opportunities for exchange of staff and students.
Under the MoU, the issues related to joint study programmes, exchange of academic materials and sharing of experience and expertise concerning administration and management of the two institutions will be addressed. The MoU also provides for organising seminars, conferences and workshops on topics of general interest.
Prof. Shagufta Aleem, dean, faculty of Unani Medicine, Prof. Tajuddin, department of Ilmul Advia, A.K. Tibbiya College, and Dr. M.H.M. Nazeem, head, Unani Section, Institute of Indigenous Medicine were also present on the occasion.
- Aligarh university ties up with American varsity - Jun 09, 2010
- AMU signs MoU with Iran - Jan 29, 2012
- AMU ties up with Indonesian institute - Dec 15, 2009
- India for global recognition of Ayurveda, Unani - Aug 08, 2012
- AMU signs MoU with George Washington University - Feb 17, 2010
- India, Canada to cooperate in areas of food processing industries: Sahai - Jun 07, 2010
- IGNOU inks pact to promote indigenous knowledge - Jul 12, 2011
- AMU ties up with Holland varsity for promoting research - Nov 10, 2009
- Establishment of short-term India's chair at Colombo University - Mar 19, 2010
- Apollo Hospitals sign MoU with University College of London - May 21, 2011
- India, Russia sign 29 agreements from defence to trade - Dec 22, 2010
- AMU founder's 113th death anniversary observed - Mar 27, 2011
- India to help Afghanistan develop tourism - May 27, 2011
- UAE, South Korea sign MoU in health care - Mar 15, 2011
- Jindal Global Law School signs MoUs with leading US law schools - Apr 12, 2012
Tags: academic materials, advia, aleem, aligarh muslim university, conferences, dean, dean faculty, indigenous medicine, institutions, medicine, medicine university, memorandum, mutual interest, organising seminars, research cooperation, shagufta, sign mou, tajuddin, unani medicine, unani system