Amritsar teacher booked for assaulting schoolboyJanuary 26th, 2009 - 4:51 pm ICT by IANS
Amritsar, Jan 26 (IANS) A physical training teacher of a private school here has been booked by the police after he mercilessly beat up a student, fracturing his arm, for not wearing his turban to school, police said Monday.The victim, Class 9 student Amandeep Singh of Guru Harkishan Public School on Sultanwind Road here, had to be hospitalised for his fractured arm. The incident took place Saturday but was reported to police Sunday.
“The teacher beat me up with a hockey stick after giving me punishment of running around the school ground. He thrashed me when I felt exhausted after a few rounds,” Amandeep said.
The teacher, Sukhbir Singh, has not been arrested, police officials said. They added that the matter was being investigated.
The school authorities washed their hands off the matter saying the teacher took action on his own. The authorities blamed the boy for not coming to the school with his turban.
- Class 3 student beaten by principal, arm fractured - Aug 06, 2010
- Teaching a lesson to the Badal government (Punjab Newsletter) - Dec 09, 2011
- Teacher's thrashing leaves Class 10 student with fracture - Jul 18, 2010
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers held for beating student (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Main accused in African student's assault held in Punjab - Jul 10, 2012
- Four children killed as school bus-train collide - Jul 30, 2012
- Teacher thrashes boy for leaving classroom - Aug 26, 2011
- Class 12 boy thrashed for using mobile in school, hospitalised - Jul 23, 2010
- Five Punjab players appointed police officers - Jul 18, 2011
- Three Delhi school students seriously injured in fight - Dec 02, 2009
- Rouvanjit's death hasn't deterred beatings in Bengal schools - Aug 16, 2010
- Teacher booked for beating girl student to death - Nov 23, 2010
- College security supervisor booked for molesting student - Jan 29, 2011
- Nursery kid thrashed by principal, sustains fracture - Mar 25, 2011
- Corporal punishment: School initiates probe against teacher - Jun 02, 2010