Amritsar shivers at 0.4 degrees, Hisar at 1.5December 23rd, 2011 - 2:41 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Dec 23 (IANS) The minimum temperatures dropped sharply in various parts of Punjab and Haryana Friday with Amritsar recording a low of 0.4 degrees Celsius, four degrees below average.
In neighbouring Haryana, Hisar was the coldest at 1.5 degrees, followed by Rohtak at 1.8 degrees.
Chandigarh, the joint capital of Punjab and Haryana, recorded a low of four degrees, two degrees below normal. The maximum temperature here Thursday was 21.5 degrees.
Weather officials here said that the day would remain mainly clear and sunny. They added that fog and mist may occur at some places in Punjab and Haryana.
- Amritsar shivers at minus 2.1 degrees - Dec 30, 2011
- Thick fog engulfs Punjab, Haryana - Jan 20, 2012
- Amritsar reels at minus 0.2 degree - Dec 31, 2011
- Night temperatures rise in Punjab and Haryana - Feb 10, 2012
- Amritsar continues to shiver, records minus 1.4 temperature - Dec 28, 2011
- Fog derails train services as winter onslaught continues (Roundup) - Dec 22, 2011
- Dense fog in Punjab, Haryana - Jan 03, 2012
- Snowless but bone-chilling Christmas in north India (Roundup) - Dec 25, 2011
- Some respite from chill in Punjab, Haryana - Jan 02, 2012
- Punjab, Haryana slightly warmer Thursday - Dec 29, 2011
- Temperatures dip in Punjab, Haryana - Feb 17, 2012
- Day temperatures rise in Punjab, Haryana - Jan 23, 2012
- Panjab, Haryana face fog chaos - Dec 27, 2010
- Cold Wave continues unabated across North India (Roundup) - Jan 09, 2012
- Fog, overcast skies in Punjab, Haryana - Dec 28, 2010