Amritsar-Delhi Shatabdi delayed by protestSeptember 14th, 2008 - 7:46 pm ICT by IANS
Jalandhar, Sep 14 (IANS) The Swaran Shatabdi express that runs between Amritsar and New Delhi was held up near here Sunday for nearly one hour after protesting computer teachers from Punjab blocked the railway tracks.The computer teachers sat in protest on the railway tracks at the Jalandhar Cantonment railway station. The train had to be stopped by the railway officials much before the spot where the protest was being held.
The train later resumed its journey after the protesters moved out.
Punjab computer teachers association president Gurwinder Singh said they had to resort to the protest as the Akali Dal government in Punjab had failed to fulfil its election promise to regularise their posts.
- Farmers block rail, road traffic in Punjab - Dec 08, 2011
- Highways blocked in Punjab, life affected in Haryana - May 31, 2012
- Harried Shatabdi passengers reach seven hours late - Oct 28, 2011
- Train derails in Punjab, no casualties - Oct 26, 2010
- BJP activists stop trains in Punjab, Haryana - Apr 03, 2012
- Protesters block train traffic in Punjab (Lead) - Nov 06, 2009
- Power supply partially restored in Punjab, Haryana - Jul 30, 2012
- Train services resume on Ambala-Delhi route - Jul 09, 2010
- Punjab farmers stop trains, Badal warns of unrest - Oct 29, 2010
- Radical Sikh bodies shutdown in Punjab throws train schedules off track - Nov 03, 2010
- Goods train derails in Punjab - Dec 08, 2010
- Shatabdi wheels jammed, train stopped - Apr 20, 2011
- Finally, Amritsar-Chandigarh Duranto train is flagged off - Aug 24, 2011
- Mobs block trains, seek justice for 1984 riots victims (Second Lead) - Nov 06, 2009
- Strike paralyses teaching in Punjab, Chandigarh colleges - Nov 30, 2011