Amritsar continues to shiver, records minus 1.4 temperatureDecember 28th, 2011 - 5:40 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Dec 28 (IANS) The cold wave in Punjab’s Amritsar city continued Wednesday with the city recording a low of minus 1.4 degrees Celsius, four degrees below normal, officials at the Met Centre here said.
Elsewhere in Punjab, the industrial city of Ludhiana recorded a minimum temperature of 2.2 degrees, five degrees below normal.
In neighbouring Haryana, Hisar was the coldest with a low of 1.1 degrees. Karnal and Ambala were warmer with minimum temperatures of 5.4 and 5.6 degrees, respectively.
Chandigarh, the capital of both states, was slightly warmer with the minimum temperature Wednesday morning registering 5.7 degrees. The maximum temperature here was 22.2 degrees, two degrees above normal.
Met officials said that though the sunny weather would continue during the next 48 hours, fog and ground frost could occur at some places.
- Amritsar reels at minus 0.2 degree - Dec 31, 2011
- Amritsar shivers at minus 2.1 degrees - Dec 30, 2011
- Fog covers parts of Punjab, Haryana - Feb 23, 2012
- Panjab, Haryana face fog chaos - Dec 27, 2010
- Dense fog engulfs Punjab, Haryana - Jan 10, 2011
- Dense fog in Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh - Dec 29, 2010
- Fog returns in Chandigarh, mercury below normal - Jan 12, 2011
- Cold wave sweeps across Haryana, Punjab - Jan 03, 2011
- Bright sunshine in Chandigarh, but mercury dips - Jan 16, 2011
- Amritsar coldest at 2.5 degrees, cold wave sweeps Punjab - Dec 25, 2010
- Cold wave continues unabated in northern plains - Dec 27, 2011
- Chandigarh welcomes bright sun, chill remains - Jan 11, 2011
- Some respite from chill in Punjab, Haryana - Jan 02, 2012
- Amritsar feels the chill at 2.4 degrees - Dec 20, 2010
- Fog, overcast skies in Punjab, Haryana - Dec 28, 2010