Amrita University’s free online tution programme launchedMarch 27th, 2012 - 8:20 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, March 27 (IANS) Kerala Education Minister P.K. Abdu Rabb Tuesday launched Amrita University’s Online Gurukul - a free tution - programme here Tuesday, noting it would enhance students’ employability skills and thereby help them to secure better job opportunities.
“Usage of advanced technology in education sector is always a helping hand and Online Gurukul would be able to bridge the gap between education and employment,” said Rabb.
The free online tuition programme is an ideal platform for college students to learn, share and enrich their knowledge, and is specifically meant to assist and empower needy students who are keen to learn.
The weekly sessions are held between 3 and 4 p.m. every Tuesday. It is being transmitted through Amrita University’s, E-Learning platform A-VIEW (Amrita Virtual Interactive ELearning World), developed by Amrita E-Learning Research Lab.
The pilot phase of the programme is been conducted in Kerala and is soon going to be extended to other states also shortly.
Union Science and Technology Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh had announced the programme during (Amrita University Chancellor) Mata Amritanandamayi’s 58th birthday in October last year.
Amrita University had developed this project in collaboration with IIT-Mumbai with active support of the union human resources development ministry.
- Amrita launches free tution programme (Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Kerala, Dubai body hold talks on Academic City - Mar 20, 2012
- Manipal group e-learning platform wins innovative award - Jan 23, 2012
- Need for Kerala to reform higher education: Experts - Sep 14, 2012
- Abu Dhabi varsity to launch online courses - Sep 29, 2011
- Intel donates 625 laptops for Kerala e-learning school project - Oct 02, 2011
- Vaishno Devi Gurukul gets affiliated to Varanasi varsity - Sep 11, 2012
- IGNOU course for BPO industry aspirants - Jun 21, 2012
- More trouble for Achuthanandan's son - Oct 21, 2011
- IGNOU to spread e-literacy at grassroots level - Jul 26, 2011
- Controversy over dress circular to Kerala teachers - Jul 03, 2012
- UAE to develop e-learning techniques - Apr 21, 2010
- 'National Mission on Education via ICT meant to benefit the rural children' - May 06, 2010
- Now Skoool web technologies in all Kerala schools - Feb 20, 2010
- iProf Learning secures Rs.22 crore funds - Apr 21, 2011
Tags: abdu, advanced technology, amrita university, development ministry, education minister, education sector, helping hand, human resources development, job opportunities, kerala, learning platform, mata amritanandamayi, needy students, pilot phase, rabb, science and technology, technology in education, technology minister, university chancellor, vilasrao deshmukh