AMRI directors denied bailDecember 23rd, 2011 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Dec 23 (IANS) A West Bengal court Friday denied bail to the arrested directors of AMRI Hospital, where a pre-dawn blaze killed 93 people earlier this month, and remanded six of them to judicial custody till Jan 5 next year.
Chief Judicial Magistrate C.H. Karim of Alipore court (South 24 Parganas) also ordered that the seventh director R.S. Agarwal be interrogated in the presence of the attending doctor at the state run SSKM Hospital where he is admitted now.
Agarwal, one of the seven AMRI directors arrested Dec 9, hours after the blaze at the hospital in South Kolkata’s Dhakuria area, has been kept under arrest at SSKM.
The six other arrested directors of the hospital, including Shrachi Group chairman S.K. Todi and his counterpart in the Emami Group R.S. Goenka, were given 14 days? judicial custody till Jan 5.
Police custody of the hospital?s senior vice president (projects) S. Upadhyay and senior manager (maintenance) Sanjiv Pal - arrested Dec 13 - were extended by four days till Dec 26.
- AMRI directors denied bail, sent to judicial custody (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Kolkata blaze: Hospital director's bail plea rejected (Second Lead) - Dec 22, 2011
- Judge speaks to AMRI Hospital fire accused in ambulance - Dec 19, 2011
- AMRI case: Directors' police custody extended by 3 days (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Police custody of six AMRI Hospital directors extended - Dec 20, 2011
- Kolkata blaze: Hospital director's bail plea rejected (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- AMRI officials sent to custody, guards interrogated (Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
- Charge sheet filed against 16 for Kolkata hospital fire - Mar 01, 2012
- Two more arrested in AMRI fire case - Dec 13, 2011
- Judicial custody of AMRI directors extended till Jan 19 - Jan 05, 2012
- Two AMRI officials sent to judicial custody - Dec 26, 2011
- Kolkata fire: Three AMRI directors seek anticipatory bail (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Two more AMRI hospital directors get bail - Mar 28, 2012
- AMRI director gets bail, Bengal to move apex court (Second Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- One AMRI director gets bail, others denied (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
Tags: blaze, counterpart, emami group, goenka, group chairman, judicial custody, judicial magistrate, karim, police custody, pre dawn, presence, sanjiv, senior vice president, todi, upadhyay, west bengal