Ammo blast kills six in RussiaMay 3rd, 2012 - 12:12 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, May 2 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Six soldiers died in western Russia Wednesday when ammunition they were unloading for destruction exploded, the defence ministry said.
Three others were injured in the explosion in the Nizhny Novgorod region.
“The injured have been taken to a garrison military hospital,” the ministry’s press service said. The blast, which took place in Mulino village, is blamed on safety violations.
- Russia to build two space-defence missile plants - Feb 04, 2012
- One killed, 24 hurt in Russian ammunition blast - Jun 23, 2010
- Blast kills six in Russia - Aug 24, 2011
- Russian missile maker Almaz Antei expands - Apr 10, 2012
- 88 missing as ship sinks in Russia - Jul 10, 2011
- Three dead in North Caucasus blast - Sep 22, 2011
- Pilot dies in chopper crash in Russia - Apr 07, 2012
- Russian man buys wooden crates, finds AK-47s inside - Jan 13, 2012
- Russia to scrap 3 mn tonnes of ammunition - Feb 02, 2012
- 30 killed in Russia wildfires - Aug 01, 2010
- 19 injured in Afghan mosque blast - Aug 03, 2012
- List of venues for 2018 World Cup to be announced Sep 29 - Sep 05, 2012
- Two Russian pilots killed in crash - Sep 06, 2011
- Nine killed in Russia wildfire - Jul 30, 2010
- Math teacher in Russia sentenced for verbal abuse - Apr 12, 2012