Amitabh Bachchan to grace Jaipur Literature FestivalJanuary 16th, 2009 - 10:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 16 (IANS) Literature will get its fair share of glamour at the DSC Jaipur Literature Festival 2009 beginning Jan 21 when Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan shares the stage with art connoisseur Neville Tuli, the founder of the Mumbai-based auction house and archive Osian. Bachchan’s presence has been posted on the official website of the festival. He will attend a session Jan 23 on his biography, “Bachchanalia: The Films and Memorabilia of Amitabh Bachchan”, at the Durbar hall in Diggy Palace, the venue of the festival.
Osian’s CARD, an arm of the auction house, will present “Bachchanalia: The Films and Memorabilia of Amitabh Bachchan”, a biography of the Bollywood icon co-authored by journalist Bhawana Somaaya and Osian’s Centre for Archiving, Research and Development (CARD), sources in the organising committee of the festival said Friday.
“Bachchanalia…” is a documentation of the superstar’s journey of the film world, illustrated through rare film and exclusive movie posters and publicity material.
The book, the debut publication of Osian’s Publishing and Design House, was launched in Mumbai earlier this month (Jan 3) by Aamir Khan at the Tata Theatre in NPCA in Mumbai.
Somaaya, co-author of the book is the recipient of several awards. She is also the editor of the Indian film magazine, Screen. She had earlier authored “Amitabh: Now and Forever” published in 2001.
The Osian’s Publishing and Design House has lined up several publications this year, which include “The Passionate Detachment: The Osian’s Archive Collection of Cultural Heritage” by Neville Tuli and Osian’s CARD, a five volume magnum opus about the creation of one of the world’s finest collections of Indian and Asian Fine Arts and cultural artefacts, “Flamed-Mosaic: Indian Contemporary Painting” and “Filmistan Hindustan: A History of Modern India as told by Bombay Cinema, 1920-1960″ by Virchand Dharamsey & Kaushik Bhaumik.
- Osian's to release book on Bachchan memorabilia - Dec 29, 2008
- 'Bachchanalia' - the Big B as hero, lover, conman - Jan 24, 2009
- Artists seeking publicity claim faking of their works: Neville Tuli (Interview) - Jan 23, 2009
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' is wonderful, I'm happy for Rahman: Bachchan - Jan 23, 2009
- Osian back with second mega auction of movie art - Jul 11, 2012
- Osianama to open in Delhi, not Mumbai - Jul 11, 2012
- Indian, world cinema set new trends at Osian's film fest (Review) - Aug 06, 2012
- India's screen divas are symbols of Indian femininity: Neville Tuli (Interview)(With Image) - Jun 15, 2012
- Aamir now owns Shammi Kapoor's jacket - Aug 01, 2012
- Book on Amitabh Bachchan released - Jan 04, 2009
- Market for antiquities still strong in India: Neville Tuli (With Images) - Jan 30, 2012
- Osian's film fest back with rare, bold films - Jul 11, 2012
- Jaipur literary fest gets off to exciting start - Jan 21, 2009
- Third edition of Jaipur Literature Festival to host 116 authors - Jan 20, 2009
- Unique blend of literature, art at Jaipur literary fest (Lead) - Jan 20, 2009