Amitabh Bachchan rushed to second hospital on birthday (Lead)October 11th, 2008 - 3:44 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 11 (IANS) Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan, who tunred 66 Saturday, was rushed to the Nanavati Hospital in Mumbai’s Vile Parle West suburb following abdominal pain and then shifted to the Lilavati Hospital in Bandra after a preliminary medical check up.The Big B was celebrating his birthday at his residence Pratiksha when he suddenly experienced severe pain, a family source said.
He was rushed to Nanavati Hospital, barely a kilometre from his house in Juhu, around 12.30 pm. Less than an hour later, he was taken to Lilavati Hospital, located around five kilometres away at Bandra Reclamation.
When contacted by IANS, hospital authorities refused to comment on the exact nature of illness for which Bachchan underwent a check-up.
The Bachchans are regularly treated at Lilavati Hospital. Many Bollywood stars undergo treatment there and last month Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama was also admitted there.
Amitabh’s daughter Shweta, son Abhishek and daughter-in-law Aishwarya accompanied him to the hospital, while Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh who was here to take part in the birthday celebrations later visited him at the hospital.
- On birthday, Amitabh Bachchan hospitalised, under observation (Second Lead) - Oct 11, 2008
- Amitabh Bachchan now on liquid diet, shows improvement - Oct 15, 2008
- Amitabh Bachchan's tests are normal, will go home soon, says doctor - Oct 12, 2008
- Amitabh to be discharged from hospital soon - Feb 20, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan recuperating in Mumbai hospital (Third Lead) - Oct 11, 2008
- ''Big B'' admitted to hospital on 66th birthday - Oct 11, 2008
- Amitabh shows 'definite' improvement, say doctors - Oct 14, 2008
- On his birthday, Amitabh Bachchan rushed to hospital with abdominal pain - Oct 11, 2008
- Grandson Aarav lights Rajesh Khanna's pyre (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray to undergo angioplasty Friday - Jul 20, 2012
- Break in at Big B's house - Jul 22, 2012
- Grandson Aarav lights Rajesh Khanna's pyre (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Break in at Bachchan home (Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Jaya, Shweta take care of Big B - Feb 15, 2012
- Fresh medical issues have come up, says Amitabh (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012