American idol winner immortalised in waxOctober 24th, 2008 - 12:19 am ICT by IANS
London, Oct 23 (IANS) “American Idol” winner Carrie Underwood has been immortalised in wax by Madame Tussauds museum in Times Square, New York, this week. The singer was in the middle of a tour when she was approached by a team of artists for the “figure sitting”, which took more than an hour, reports thesun.co.uk.
She also donated a replica of the dress she donned for the 2006 Country Music Association Awards to be worn by her wax likeness.
“I am honoured to have been asked to pose for a Madame Tussauds wax figure as this is truly a once in a lifetime experience,” she said.
- Kate, William join the royals at Madame Tussauds - Apr 04, 2012
- Madhuri unveils her wax statue in London - Mar 07, 2012
- Taylor Swift Unveils Her Wax Statue At Madame Tussauds - Oct 29, 2010
- Salman Khan's wax figure coming to New York - Jul 28, 2012
- Colin Firth immortalized in wax - Dec 15, 2011
- Cheryl Cole gets her wax statue at Madame Tussauds - Oct 21, 2010
- Bieber's wax statue to be unveiled in March - Feb 23, 2011
- Hrithik unveils his wax figure at Madame Tussauds - Jan 21, 2011
- Rihanna's Wax figure now graces Berlin - Aug 30, 2011
- Rihanna's wax figure latest addition to Madame Tussauds - Sep 01, 2010
- Rihanna gets wax statue at Madame Tussauds - Oct 03, 2011
- Wax statue biggest honour: Kareena - Nov 11, 2011
- Lady Gaga to make Madame Tussauds history - Nov 08, 2010
- Winslet's wax statue unveiled at Tussauds - Nov 10, 2011
- Madame Tussauds To Launch Eight Wax Statues Of Lady GaGa In Different Locations - Nov 08, 2010