Ambuja Cements sales up by nearly 8 percentSeptember 2nd, 2008 - 3:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 2 (IANS) Ambuja Cements Ltd Tuesday said its sales grew 7.7 percent in August to 1.24 million tonnes, as compared to 1.15 million tonnes in the corresponding month last year.The company’s cement production zoomed nine percent to 1.2 million tonnes last month from 1.13 million tonnes the previous corresponding period, a company statement said.
For the period January to August 2008, the company sold 11.82 million tonnes as compared to 11.25 million tonnes in the corresponding period last year, a growth of 5.1 percent.
Production in the same period was 11.82 million tonnes as against 11.22 million tonnes in the last comparable period, registering a growth of 5.3 percent, the statement added.
Ambuja is the third largest cement company in India, with an annual production capacity of 16 million tonnes.
- Core industries post 3.8 percent growth in May - Jun 29, 2012
- RSP achieves best-ever saleable steel production - Oct 03, 2011
- India Cements chalks plans to become pan-nation player - Jan 15, 2012
- Coal India reports marginal net profit growth in Q1 (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Coal India's Q2 net profit up 74 percent - Nov 12, 2011
- Competition panel levies Rs.6,000 crore penalty on cement firms - Jun 21, 2012
- NALCO's Q1 net profit up 32 percent - Aug 13, 2011
- NALCO's Q1 net profit down 41 per cent - Aug 16, 2012
- Tata Steel posts rise in hot metal, crude steel production - Jul 06, 2010
- Core industries growth falls to 2.2 percent in April - May 31, 2012
- Coal India steps up supplies to power sector - Oct 22, 2011
- Core industries growth rebounds to 6.8 percent - Dec 26, 2011
- Rs.6,000 crore penalty on 11 cement firms for price fixing (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Core industries growth slumps to 0.5 percent in January - Feb 28, 2012
- Rourkela Steel sees best ever production - Aug 01, 2011