Amar Singh exposes Modi’s ‘double standards’November 29th, 2008 - 3:19 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 29 (IANS) Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh Saturday accused Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi of “double standards”, saying he was now offering donation to the families of the same security personnel he had criticised for carrying out the Malegaon anti-terror probe.”This reflects Modi’s double standards,” Amar Singh said at a press conference here referring to the Gujarat chief minister’s Friday announcement of Rs.1 crore (Rs.10 million) to the families of security personnel who lost their lives in the Mumbai terror attack.
“While on one hand, he (Modi) talks about rewarding the bravehearts who die in action, on the other he was highly critical of the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) for its action against Sadhvi Pragnya (Thakur) and others arrested in connection with the Malegaon blasts.”
Hemant Karkare, the chief of the ATS, was among the 14 security personnel killed while acting against the terrorists who held India’s financial capital to ransom from Wednesday night to Saturday morning. Modi had earlier accused the ATS of being politically motivated as it had arrested Hindu leaders for the Malegaon blast.
Singh skirted queries on what action India should take against perpetrators of the Mumbai terror attack, which has claimed at least 152 lives. India suspects the hand of Pakistan-based terrorists in the incident.
Singh, whose party supports the Congress-led government at the centre, said: “This is not the time to do a post-mortem on the failure of intelligence, which must have been there.”
He said there is a “need for improved marine security and revamping of various security organisations and closer and better coordination between them in dealing with situations like this.”
- Sadhvi Pragnya files fresh bail plea - Nov 18, 2011
- I stand by my remarks on Karkare: Digvijay Singh - Dec 14, 2010
- Another key accused in Malegaon blast held - Feb 01, 2011
- High court grants bail to two Malegaon blast accused - Aug 03, 2011
- Digvijaya Singh presents call records, demands apology - Jan 04, 2011
- Digvijay's remarks on Karkare personal, says Congress - Dec 11, 2010
- BJP leaders questioned Karkare's integrity, asserts Digvijay - Dec 14, 2010
- Army officer refused bail in Malegaon blast case - Nov 10, 2011
- Mumbai MP asserts Karkare killed by Pakistani terrorists - Dec 12, 2010
- Digvijay now targets Advani, BJP seeks apology from Congress - Dec 12, 2010
- Sadhvi Pragyna seeks protection in jail - Nov 03, 2011
- Another key accused in 2008 Malegaon blast held (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Digvijay's remarks on Karkare unfortunate, says BJP - Dec 11, 2010
- Digvijay Singh sparks new storm with Karkare remark (Roundup) - Dec 11, 2010
- Rajnath demands probe against Digvijay - Dec 11, 2010