Amar Singh compares Raj Thackeray to HitlerOctober 31st, 2008 - 4:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 31 (IANS) Samajwadi Party general secretary Amar Singh Friday called Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray a “Hitler” for orchestrating attacks on north Indians.Releasing the list of candidates for the Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Jammu and Kashmir assembly elections, Amar Singh said: “What Raj Thackeray has been doing is what Hitler did in Germany.”
“Both Hitler and Raj Thackeray are mentally ill persons,” said the Rajya Sabha MP. “This is terrorism. This can be destructive to the integrity of India.”
Mumbai has seen a spurt in violence directed against non-Maharashtrians, particularly those from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, blamed on the MNS.
Amar Singh also said that his party was not satisfied with the way the central government had handled the Maharashtra violence. But he denied the Samajwadi Party would consequently stop supporting the government.
Amar Singh ruled out an alliance with the Congress in the Madhya Pradesh elections.
He announced the names of 111 candidates for Madhya Pradesh and 23 for Rajasthan. Madhya Pradesh goes to the polls Nov 27 and Rajasthan on Dec 4. The Samajwadi Party leader also released names of 28 candidates for Jammu and Kashmir.
“In Madhya Pradesh, we will not have any alliance with the Congress. We will fight all the seats and we are talking to smaller parties (for tie-ups),” he told reporters.
He also denied the possibility of forming an alliance with Bharatiya Janata Party rebel Uma Bharti.
Reiterating the demand for a judicial probe into the Jamia Nagar shootout in Delhi, which the party was said was a “fake encounter”, Amar Singh said even Congress chief Sonia Gandhi was ready to go ahead with the probe.
Singh has been demanding a judicial probe in the Sep 19 firefight in which two suspected terrorists were gunned down.
- Raj Thackeray 'a Hitler', mentally ill: Amar Singh (Lead) - Oct 31, 2008
- Rahul Gandhi ill-informed: Raj Thackeray retorts to speech - Nov 14, 2011
- MNS, SP to contest all BMC seats - Jan 09, 2012
- Raj blames Bangladeshis for violence, wants Patil out (Roundup) - Aug 21, 2012
- Uddhav again demands permit system for Bihari migrants - Sep 04, 2012
- Amar Singh calls Raj Thackeray a Hitler - Nov 14, 2009
- Raj Thackeray warns of riots over anti-Marathi remarks - Nov 03, 2011
- MNS names candidates - with marks! - Jan 29, 2012
- Nashik will have MNS mayor: Raj Thackeray - Feb 19, 2012
- MNS bags Nashik mayor's post - with BJP support - Mar 15, 2012
- Marathi vs migrants - cops told to study leaders' speeches - Nov 04, 2011
- Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI triumphs in Mumbai, Thane civic polls; MNS gains (Intro Roundup) - Feb 17, 2012
- MNS exam plan makes civic candidates jittery - Nov 29, 2011
- Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI triumphs in Mumbai, Thane civic polls; MNS gains (Roundup) - Feb 17, 2012
- BJP keen on MNS as part of alliance in Maharashtra - Mar 01, 2011