Amar Singh challenges Bhushans to prove CD is fakeApril 18th, 2011 - 9:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 18 (IANS) Former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh Monday challenged the father-son duo of Shanti Bhushan and Prashant Bhushan to prove false a CD containing a conversation between him, SP chief Mulayam Singh and Shanti Bhushan for allegedly fixing a dubious legal deal.
Addressing a press conference, Singh said the Bhushans should come out with proof to show the CD is doctored instead of verbally rejecting its contents.
“Any one can make any claim, if Prashant Bhushan, or his father (Shanti Bhushan) have some proof they can come out with it, even personally to me,” he said.
Shanti Bhushan, co-chair of the joint drafting committee for the Lokpal Bill, Monday filed a contempt plea against Amar Singh for doctoring the CD.
“He must give his voice sample, forget Mulayam and Amar,” Singh said.
“For last ten years, they (Bhushans) are filing PILs and their income rose to Rs.175 crore. Before they started filing PILs their income was Rs.10 crore per annum,” he alleged.
Amar Singh also alleged that the Bhushans bought a property worth Rs.25 crore for Rs.one lakh in Allahabad and evaded the stamp duty of Rs.2 crore on registration of that property.
He alleged that while the Bhushans have used a CD with Singh’s voice against him in court, they call their own CD doctored.
“Prashant Bhushan has been after the CD which had my voice, but I leave it for the court to decide. There are four to five versions of my CD, and all are different,” he said.
Amar Singh also stressed that while Anna Hazare has said that the blame of corruption should be enough for someone to resign, why is not Shanti Bhushan resigning.
“Ashok Chavan (former Maharashtra chief minister) resigned because his name came in the Adarsh scam; (Suresh) Kalmadi resigned because his name figured (in Commonwealth Games scam); A. Raja, a minister was sent to jail,” he added.
- CD controversy rages, Bhushans to move apex court (Roundup) - Apr 18, 2011
- Amidst mud-slinging, Lokpal joint committee meets Saturday (Roundup) - Apr 16, 2011
- Shanti Bhushan files contempt petition over CD - Apr 18, 2011
- Bhushans should resign from Lokpal panel: Amar Singh (Lead) - Apr 21, 2011
- Amar Singh hits out at Bhushans - Apr 20, 2011
- Amar Singh denies doctoring CD - Apr 18, 2011
- Controversy casts shadow on first Lokpal panel meet - Apr 16, 2011
- CD row: Prashant Bhushan files defamation suit in Supreme Court - Apr 18, 2011
- Amar Singh dares Bhushans over controversial CD - Apr 18, 2011
- Agnivesh terms CD controversy a conspiracy against Hazare's movement - Apr 21, 2011
- I will answer Bhushan's notice in court: Digvijay Singh - Apr 21, 2011
- Shanti Bhushan CD doctored: Son Prashant (Lead) - Apr 17, 2011
- Shanti Bhushan CD row: Court pulls up police for laxity - Dec 13, 2011
- CD row: Many in Hazare's team are tainted, says Amar Singh - Apr 18, 2011
- Government hand in wrong CD report: Prashant Bhushan - May 05, 2011
Tags: allahabad, amar singh, anna hazare, ashok, bhushan, chavan, commonwealth games, contempt plea, crore, drafting committee, lakh, maharashtra chief minister, mulayam singh, party leader, pils, property worth rs, rs 2, rs one, Samajwadi Party, stamp duty