Alpana to showcase garden-themed jewellery at IIJW (With Images)August 2nd, 2011 - 7:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 2 (IANS) Jewellery designer Alpana Gujral will showcase a collection titled The Enchanted Garden at the ongoing India International Jewellery Week (IIJW) and says it is inspired by the elements of Mughal era gardens.
“The Enchanted Garden is the collection of emerald and coral jewellery which reflects the timeless perfection and symmetry of the enchanted gardens of Mughal era with pieces that are self explanatory in design,” said Gujral.
IIJW, a five-day event, organised by the Gems & Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC), commenced July 31 in Mumbai and the designer will showcase her collection on the last day.
The collection offers selective range of earrings, necklaces, bracelets and rings made with traditional craft of minakari in gold, ruby and sapphire.
Alpana has used tourmaline, aquamarine and other colourful stones in combination with pearls and diamonds to give her jewellery a very contemporary appearance with a glimpse of traditional designs.
“Pearls are back in a big way along with yellow gold, my collection is replete with pearls because of their classy look and I don’t think that anything is out of fashion as long as one is comfortable wearing it,” said Gujral.
- Day one at IIJW ends in style with 'Jewels of Falaknuma' - Aug 01, 2011
- Alpana's 'Ambalika' captures Indian history (With images) - Aug 30, 2011
- Bollywood glitters at India's first jewellery week inaugural - Aug 15, 2010
- Kate Hudson to create jewellery line - Apr 29, 2011
- Sonam Kapoor becomes face of India International Jewellery Week - Jun 07, 2011
- Vijay Golecha's dream; design jewellery for Rekha - Aug 01, 2011
- Kate Hudson creates jewellery line - Sep 10, 2011
- Rosily Paul impresses with handmade jewellery at IIJW - Aug 01, 2011
- Sonam brings the curtains down on Jewellery Week - Aug 05, 2011
- Designer jewellery lures enthusiasts at an exhibition in Ludhiana - Sep 04, 2010
- Designers Pankaj-Nidhi offer Mughal era inspired clothes - Oct 07, 2010
- Jewellery week a big platform for us: Designers - Aug 19, 2010
- IIJW's opening show blends glamour with cause - Jul 31, 2011
- Gujral's 'Nirvana' an ode to women's inner beauty (With Images) - Aug 17, 2012
- Exquisite jewellery with Bollywood glam sums up IIJW (Review) - Aug 05, 2011
Tags: aquamarine, aug 2, bracelets, enchanted garden, enchanted gardens, export promotion council, gems, gjepc, glimpse, india international, international jewellery, mumbai, necklaces, New Delhi, pearls, ruby and sapphire, selective range, symmetry, traditional craft, yellow gold