All set for world’s third biggest Muslim prayer congregationAugust 14th, 2012 - 5:47 pm ICT by IANS
Malappuram (Kerala), Aug 14 (IANS) All arrangements are in place for what is billed as the country’s biggest prayer congregation in the month of Ramadan to be held Wednesday at Swalath Nagar here.
This mammoth prayer congregation is considered the third largest spiritual meet after Makkah and Madina in the holy month of Ramadan.
Sayyid Ibrahimul Khaleelul Bukhari, chairman and sole leader of Ma’din Academy, is the leader of the special spiritual meet and is also the chairman of Ma’dinu Ssaquafathil Islamiyya.
“This time believers who gather here will take a pledge against terrorism and to pray for peace and harmony. There will be iftaar facilities for about 100,000 people before the marathon prayer session begins,” said Bukhari.
The annual event attracts believers across the country and from abroad.
Devotees who cannot make it to the prayer meet participate via live telecast and webcast.
Elaborate arrangements have been made and 14 grounds are ready to accommodate more than half-a-million people who are expected through the day and night.
Ma’dinu is one of the leading educational and charity initiatives among Muslim community in Kerala. It has now grown into a mass movement with more than 25 educational institutes from primary to postgraduate levels.
- Kerala set for country's biggest Ramzan gathering Friday - Aug 22, 2011
- Large Muslim congregation to take pledge against terrorism - Sep 03, 2010
- Muslims to take pledge against terrorism (Lead) - Sep 03, 2010
- Country's biggest Ramzan gathering in Malappuram Sep 16 - Sep 11, 2009
- About 600,000 Muslims to take pledge against terrorism - Sep 26, 2008
- Malaysian team to study Kerala mosques - Jan 31, 2011
- Malaysian team to study mosque structures in Kerala (Lead superseding earlier story) - Jan 31, 2011
- Muslims to take oath against terrorism in Kerala - Sep 15, 2008
- About 600,000 Muslims to attend Kerala prayer meet - Sep 25, 2008
- Where Hindus help organise Muslim prayer meet - Sep 26, 2008
- Jumat-ul-Vida passes off peacefully in Hyderabad - Aug 17, 2012
- India pays Rs.600 crore as Haj subsidy annually - May 08, 2012
- Three Indian Haj pilgrims die - Oct 07, 2011
- This Hyderabad mosque is more than a place of worship - Aug 12, 2012
- Muslim clerics, leaders welcome apex court ruling on Haj (Lead) - May 08, 2012
Tags: charity initiatives, devotees, dinu, educational institutes, half a million, kerala, live telecast, makkah and madina, marathon, mass movement, month of ramadan, muslim community, muslim prayer, peace and harmony, postgraduate levels, prayer session, ramadan, sayyid, sole leader, time believers