All of Bihar’s Super 30 crack IIT entrance testMay 25th, 2009 - 6:35 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, May 25 (IANS) The Super 30 coaching institute here has witnessed complete success for the second consecutive year with all 30 of its students clearing the highly competitive Indian Institute of Technology-Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE), the institute announced Monday.
“Everyone is in a celebratory mood. We distributed lots of sweets,” said Nagendra Ram, a Super 30 student.
The institute selects talented students from poor families and provides them with free coaching, food and accommodation so that they can focus on passing the IIT-JEE exam.
“Hard work, proper guidance and supervision are the secrets of our success,” Anand Kumar, director of Super 30, told IANS.
Santosh Kumar, another Super 30 student, said the facilities and encouragement from the faculty made it possible for him to crack the tough exam.
In 2003, the first year of the institute, 18 students made it to the prestigious IITs. The number rose to 22 in 2004 and 26 in 2005. In 2007 and 2006, 28 students made it through ITT-JEE.
“We were sure of positive results as we teach them to eat, sleep, walk and talk only IIT,” reiterated Anand.
He said the institute is supported by the income generated from his Ramanujam School of Mathematics, which has students who can afford to pay fees.
Super 30 was started by Anand along with Bihar’s Additional Director General of Police Abhyanand. But last year Abhyanand dissociated himself from the institute.
The success story of Super 30 was telecast by the Discovery Channel in March this year.
“Super 30 is an amazing initiative and it needs to be taken to maximum people around the globe,” said Christopher Mitchell, whose film for Discovery also bagged the Audience Choice Award at the sixth Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles.
Two years ago, Norika Fujiwara, a former Japanese beauty queen and actress, made a documentary film on Super 30 for its innovative and successful attempt to send poor children to India’s top engineering colleges.
- 24 of Bihar's Super 30 crack IIT-JEE this year - May 25, 2011
- Hat trick for Bihar's Super 30, all students crack IIT - May 26, 2010
- 27/30: Bihar's Super 30 shines again in IIT-JEE results - May 18, 2012
- Super 30's IIT-JEE success story brings joy again - May 18, 2012
- After Japan, Bihar's 'Super 30' now wows South Korea - Jun 11, 2012
- Basu plans film on Bihar's 'Super 30' - Sep 18, 2012
- Bihar's Super 30 features in Canadian newspaper - Jul 24, 2011
- 'India should have single engineering entrance exam' - Apr 25, 2012
- Bihar's Super 30 coaching idea wins high praise in Canada - Feb 21, 2012
- IIT exam panel behind poor student quality: Super 30 founder - Oct 05, 2011
- From Punjab to Bihar to IIT, three 'super' stories - May 29, 2011
- Bihar's Super 30 demands re-conduct of IIT-JEE - Apr 15, 2010
- 12-year-old Bihar boy clears Class 12 after cracking IIT-JEE - May 29, 2012
- States unwilling to join new IIT-JEE format - Jun 06, 2012
- Bihar honours Super 30 founder with top award - Nov 10, 2010