All my films will star my son Adhyayan: Shekhar SumanDecember 24th, 2008 - 9:21 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 24 (IANS) Actor Shekhar Suman is not intersted in talking about his 20-year-old son Adhyayan’s reported affair with actress Kangana Ranaut. Instead, he talks about how all the films made by his production house will star his son.Shekhar launched his production company Windmill Entertainment in association with UTV last year and is planning to produce television shows and films.
“Hopefully, we will be producing a couple of films next year which will have Adhyayan. In fact, all my films will have Adhyayan,” Shekhar said.
“Every producer who has an actor-son makes films for him. Rakesh Roshan does it for his son (Hrithik) as well as many other producers. Why shouldn’t I?” he asked.
Adhyayan, whose debut film “Haal-E-Dil” was a box office dud, will be trying his luck again in Mahesh Bhatt’s “Raaz”.
“His first film did not do well but his performance was appreciated,” Shekhar said.
Adhyayan’s reported love affair with popular actress Kangana has been much talked about, but Shekhar wants his son to concentrate on his career. He does not even see marriage in the near future.
“He (Adhyayan) is just 20. How can he get married? He has to go a long way,” Shekhar told IANS.
Refusing to comment on their relationship, Shekhar said: “I think all these personal questions need to be put to them and not me.”
Shekhar said he is confident that Adhyayan will get his due in Bollywood after the release of “Raaz” and “Jashn”.
“2008 was not good, but 2009 will be good for him as the two films ‘Raaz’ and ‘Jashn’ will be releasing in which he has done commendable work. And the praise for his acting came from one of the most able directors of Bollywood like Mahesh Bhatt, which means a lot,” Shekhar said.
Both films are being produced by Bhatt’s Vishesh Films.
As far as his own acting assignments were concerned, Shekhar said he was working for a couple of films with Anand Mahendroo, who produced the hit comedy show “Dekh Bhai Dekh” for Doordarshan in the early 1990s.
“After working with Anand Mahendroo for ‘Dekh Bhai Dekh’, I am doing two films for him after a long time,” Shekhar said.
“Besides, he is planning a film on ‘Dekh Bhai Dekh’ of which I will be an integral part.”
- WOULD HAVE BEEN STUPID TO LET MY CAREER SUFFER AT THE COST OF LOVE - Jul 12, 2009
- Shekhar Suman makes a film for Adhyayan - Feb 06, 2010
- I'd like to be pitted against Adhyayan in a film: Shekhar Suman - Nov 13, 2009
- 'Jashnn' similar to my life story: Adhyayan Suman - Jul 13, 2009
- Kangana and Adhyayan very much together - May 16, 2009
- Adhyayan - Shekhar film to start in September - Jul 14, 2009
- Adhyayan-Shahana link up a publicity stunt? - May 29, 2009
- We all are prisoners of fame: Mahesh Bhatt - Jul 31, 2012
- DEKH BHAI DEKH - Now as a movie with Adhyayan Suman and Shekhar Suman - Apr 24, 2009
- Bollywood Filmmakers fight over Name - Jul 16, 2009
- Horror film hero is afraid of darkness - Jan 24, 2009
- Now Mahesh Bhatt's son forays into Bollywood - Sep 04, 2012
- Shilpa goes gaga over 'Agneepath' (Movie Snippets) - Jan 29, 2012
- 'Raaz 3' most important film of my life: Vikram Bhatt (Film Snippets) - Jun 30, 2011
- Mukesh Bhatt's son debuts as director with 'Murder 3' - Jun 17, 2012