All Games projects to be completed by June-end: MCDMay 31st, 2010 - 10:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 31 (IANS) The Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) Monday said that all the Commonwealth Games project taken up by it will be completed by the end of June.
“The works related to Games entrusted to MCD will be over by June-end. The civic body is giving top priority to the Games projects,” Municipal Commissioner K.S Mehra told a meeting of the MCD standing committee.
“Our objective is to complete most of the Games projects of MCD by June 30. But if some are not completed, we will definitely wrap up all the work by July 15 and we are confident that we will meet our deadline,” he said.
Speaking about various projects, he said the construction of parking facility for over 700 buses near Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium is progressing and it will be inaugurated soon, and street lights have been installed on 100 km of roads, and process of covering 150 km of roads is in progress.
“Upgradation work of hotels and guest houses near Karol Bagh, Paharganj and city zone areas is going on satisfactory manner,” he said.
Also over 800 waterless urinals will be constructed in and around Delhi before the Games, he added.
Mehra said the upgradation work in Chandni Chowk area will be carried in two phase, and laying of footpaths and beautification of the area will be the main focus. Construction of new roads in this area will, however, be undertaken after the Games due to time constraint, he added.
- All Games projects to be completed by July 15: MCD - Jun 30, 2010
- Will complete all CWG projects by July 15: MCD - Jul 02, 2010
- One deadline missed, MCD sets another for Games projects (Commonwealth Games Countdown) - Jul 06, 2010
- MCD likely to miss July 31 deadline to complete CWG works - Jul 16, 2010
- Delhi to spend Rs.440 crore on roads, afforestation - Jun 26, 2012
- Rains forced corporation put off Games deadline: Mayor - Aug 31, 2010
- Delhi street-scaping limps as Games deadline nears - May 22, 2010
- Delhi's Walled City to get a facelift ahead of Commonwealth Games - Sep 16, 2010
- Over 8,200 rooms ready for Commonwealth Games - Apr 12, 2010
- Delhi's overhead power lines to go underground before Games - May 28, 2010
- Delhi Metro asked to hand over roads by July 31 - Jul 13, 2010
- Delhi to spend Rs.440 crore on roads, afforestation (lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Who's stealing Delhi's flowers and tiles? - Jun 10, 2010
- Beautification work begins ahead of Commonwealth Games - Oct 26, 2009
- Will Delhi weather the storm this monsoon? - Jul 01, 2010
Tags: beautification, city zone, civic body, commonwealth games, footpaths, jawaharlal nehru, jawaharlal nehru stadium, karol bagh, mehra, municipal commissioner, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, new roads, paharganj, satisfactory manner, standing committee, time constraint, top priority, waterless urinals, zone areas