Aligarh Muslim University to reopen May 13May 10th, 2011 - 12:48 am ICT by IANS
Aligarh, May 9 (IANS) The Aligarh Muslim University, which shut down April 30 following violence among students, has decided to reopen on May 13 and also open the hostel for its final year students, an official said Monday.
It will open hostel facilities to final year B. Tech and all final year students of other faculties from May 13. Earlier, the university had notified May 16 as the date of reopening in a phased manner. The examination of all these courses will commence from May 18.
The decision was taken at a consultative meeting with all the Provost, Officiating Registrar, DSW, Proctor and Controller of Examinations chaired by the Vice Chancellor, Prof P.K. Abdul Azis.
The Vice Chancellor urged the Provosts and their team to play an important role and that dining hall facilities should be provided to the students from the day of its opening.
Prof. Azis said that Honorary Secretary of AMU Teachers’ Association and the Dean, Faculty of Engineering & Technology had requested sufficient time for students to prepare the examinations scheduled to commence on May 18.
He said that he has consulted the Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Technology and Controller of Examinations and the decision to pre-pone the re-opening was taken keeping in view the interest of the students. It was decided to open the University from May 13, 2011 for B. Tech. Final Year students and students of final semester of all other faculties as well.
The university has also decided to provide accommodation to all male students at Allama Iqbal Hall and all girls at the Abdullah Hall who are appearing in the entrance tests of B. Tech/B. Arch on the production of admit card. The test is slated for May 14.
The B. Sc. I year and II year students who are appearing in the test for B. Tech will also be accommodated in their respective halls of residence on production of admit card.
The matter relating to hostel facilities to the research scholars will be decided shortly in the meeting of the Deans.
- AMU lodges FIR against 27 for using unfair means - Jul 14, 2012
- Aligarh university closed after violence - Apr 30, 2011
- Students' stir disrupts exams in Aligarh university - Mar 23, 2011
- Bihar transfers land for AMU centre - Dec 30, 2011
- AMU elects its first woman in teachers association - May 01, 2012
- Aligarh Muslim University to re-open Dec 1 - Nov 16, 2009
- AMU may re-open Dec 1: Vice chancellor - Nov 14, 2009
- AMU students' union election results declared - Dec 11, 2011
- No Panjab University hostel for freshers using cars - Nov 25, 2010
- AMU founder's 113th death anniversary observed - Mar 27, 2011
- Aligarh university vice chancellor, students hold talks - Oct 13, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi to visit AMU Monday - Dec 05, 2009
- Aligarh university shuts in the wake of violence - Oct 30, 2009
- Aligarh varsity students demand union's restoration - Oct 06, 2010
- Amity students hold candlelight vigil for Dana Sangma - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: abdul azis, aligarh muslim university, b tech, dean, dean faculty, dining hall, dsw, engineering technology, entrance tests, faculties, faculty of engineering, halls of residence, honorary secretary, hostel facilities, male students, proctor, provost, research scholars, teachers association, vice chancellor