Aligarh Muslim University to implement UGC measuresMarch 18th, 2008 - 12:10 am ICT by admin
Aligargh (Uttar Pradesh), March 17 (IANS) The Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) would implement a series of changes under XI plan suggested by the University Grants Commission, vice-chancellor P.K. Abdul said here Monday. AMU would revamp its M. Phil and Ph.D. programmes with a view to improving the quality of research. The university would also introduce a common entrance rest and interview for candidates for these programmes.
The university has also decided to review the semester system already introduced at post-graduate level and examine the possibility of implementing the grading system for evaluation.
The decision to implement these changes was taken in meeting of deans of all faculties presided y Abdul.
The meeting has also decided to organise an all-India workshop to revising the syllabus of various courses involving expert from other national institutions and representatives from the business community.
- Aligarh Muslim University to reopen May 13 - May 10, 2011
- AMU medical post-graduate entrance test to be held again - Feb 03, 2010
- AMU, Colombo varsity sign MoU - Apr 02, 2011
- AMU elects its first woman in teachers association - May 01, 2012
- Hindi critic's death condoled - Nov 09, 2009
- AMU lodges FIR against 27 for using unfair means - Jul 14, 2012
- Bihar offers land for AMU centre - May 27, 2011
- Bihar transfers land for AMU centre - Dec 30, 2011
- Students' stir disrupts exams in Aligarh university - Mar 23, 2011
- Be catalyst for change, Alva tells Muslim girls - Feb 03, 2011
- AMU signs MoU with George Washington University - Feb 17, 2010
- Osmania University revises exam schedule following student protests - Feb 26, 2011
- AMU, Jamia born with minority character: Salman Khurshid - Mar 12, 2011
- Aligarh varsity promises union polls, students end stir - Dec 20, 2010
- AMU to start religious counselling for students - Mar 29, 2010