Aligarh Muslim University ties up with American universitiesAugust 16th, 2008 - 7:03 pm ICT by IANS
Aligarh, Aug 16 (IANS) The Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has tied up with the Washington University Law School and the Johns Hopkins University to offer several academic programmes to its students, university officials said Saturday. “The academic tie-up will help us in providing better career opportunities to our students,” AMU spokesperson Rahat Abrar told IANS.
Following the academic partnership, students and faculty exchange programmes would now be started among the three educational institutions, he added.
The academic exchange programmes are likely to be started from the next academic session, the varsity officials said.
AMU Vice-Chancellor P.K. Abdul Azis is in the US to sign memorandums of understanding (MoUs) with seven US universities with an aim of opening new educational and job opportunities for AMU students and scholars.
Addressing a gathering of AMU alumni in Washington Professor Azis said: “The academic standard of AMU is showing upward trend and plans are underway to upgrade research and library facilities and the infrastructure of the university.”
- AMU signs MoU with George Washington University - Feb 17, 2010
- AMU to tie up with several US varsities - Aug 04, 2008
- Website with 'largest digitization work' launched at AMU - Apr 30, 2010
- AMU to start religious counselling for students - Mar 29, 2010
- AMU committee to identify courses for new campuses - Oct 07, 2009
- Bihar transfers land for AMU centre - Dec 30, 2011
- Bangladesh seeks synergy with Aligarh Muslim university (With Image) - Mar 13, 2011
- AMU elects its first woman in teachers association - May 01, 2012
- AMU seeks help against radioactive source - Jul 05, 2010
- Aligarh university shuts in the wake of violence - Oct 30, 2009
- Shah Rukh Khan to visit Aligarh Muslim University - Jan 19, 2010
- AMU founder's 113th death anniversary observed - Mar 27, 2011
- AMU ties up with Holland varsity for promoting research - Nov 10, 2009
- AMU to have 250-acre branch in Bihar - Nov 14, 2009
- Aligarh university closed after violence - Apr 30, 2011