Ali Zafar mesmerises fans in true Bollywood styleApril 14th, 2012 - 1:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 14 (IANS) Ali Zafar, one of the few Pakistani actors with a huge fan base in India, entertained the audience on the second day of Lifestyle Pakistan Expo here when he danced to Bollywood numbers, and appeared on stage with a dhol in his hands.
Ali, who has become a popular name in Bollywood thanks to films like “Tere Bin Laden”, “Mere Brother Ki Dulhan” and “London, Paris, New York”, was dressed in a dhoti and an embroidered kurta.
He walked the ramp at the first ever Lifestyle Pakistan Expo for designer brand ChenOne, and came with a dhol to add zing to the show.
He set the mood with his foot-tapping numbers including “Madhubala” from “Mere Brother Ki Dulhan”, “Woh Dekhne Mein Seedhi” from “London, Paris, New York” and also grooved to some popular numbers from his albums.
A venture between the Pakistani and Indian governments, Lifestyle Pakistan Expo is a four-day event where 100 Pakistani fashion and lifestyle brands are exhibiting their collections at Pragati Maidan here.
Ali hopes the initiative bridges the gap between the two countries.
“(It’s an) Excellent crowd in Delhi. May god bless a great future upon us. Hope Lifestyle Pakistan will help in bringing the two countries closer,” Ali told reporters.
He danced at a celebration event, organised by the Pakistan government, to mark the launch of the exhibition.
The event witnessed 11 leading designers from Pakistan, including Kayseria, Saai by Sahar Atif, Ran Ja, Honey Waqar, Sadi Designs, Shireen Khan, Faizaa Samee and ChenOne, showcasing their collection on the ramp.
Pakistani singer Sanam Marwi, who was here with her troupe, also mesmerised audience with her Sufi and Sindhi songs.
- 'Incredible India' luring fashion world with business sense: Pakistani designer (With Images) - Apr 15, 2012
- 750 Pakistanis in Delhi, fashioning way ahead in ties - Apr 14, 2012
- Ali Zafar's item song woes - Jan 08, 2012
- Cinema, theatre can promote Urdu: Ali - Feb 15, 2012
- Pakistani designers take back bagfuls of business - and memories - Apr 16, 2012
- I'm not dating Amita Pathak: Pulkit (Movie Snippets) - Mar 20, 2012
- Imran's stylish tribute to three Khans (With Images) - Jul 22, 2011
- Pakistani textile brand to open 200 stores in India - Apr 14, 2012
- Ali Zafar hunts for new face for music video (With Images) - Jul 27, 2011
- Pakistani designers put traditional foot forward in India - Apr 14, 2012
- Ali Zafar turns guitar teacher for Katrina Kaif - Aug 10, 2011
- India to host Pakistani lifestyle expo - Apr 08, 2012
- Imran dances to 'Sheila' on KBC - Sep 06, 2011
- Delhi to host Pakistani lifestyle expo - Apr 04, 2012
- Fashion, frolic, business at Pakistan fashion week - Mar 28, 2011
Tags: ali zafar, celebration event, chenone, dhol, dhoti, dulhan, foot tapping, indian governments, lifestyle brands, london paris, madhubala, maidan, marwi, pakistan government, pakistani actors, pakistani fashion, pakistani singer, paris new york, samee, sindhi songs