Algerian forces kill 10 suspected terroristsAugust 25th, 2008 - 1:12 am ICT by IANS
Algiers, Aug 24 (DPA) Algerian soldiers Sunday killed 10 suspected terrorists in a security swoop on an area 250 km southwest of the capital here, officials and witnesses said.The incident took place in Ain Defla province, according to a statement by the interior ministry. The soldiers seized several weapons, including several Kalashnikov and semi-automatic rifles, the statement said.
Soldiers launched an operation in nearby mountainous areas last week, locals said.
Twelve people were killed Wednesday in two car bombings in Algeria. The North African wing of the Al Qaeda claimed responsibility for the attacks.
- UAE, Algeria discuss bilateral ties - Apr 07, 2012
- Al-Qaeda 'banker' killed by security forces - Nov 23, 2010
- Al Qaeda launches recruitment drive in Algeria - Feb 12, 2010
- Algeria doesn't permit Gaddafi regime officials to enter - Sep 05, 2011
- More than 30,000 police officers block anti-government protest in Algeria - Feb 13, 2011
- Algeria to lift 19-year state of emergency - Feb 23, 2011
- Head of Algerian security service killed - Feb 26, 2010
- Car bomb injures 17 in southern Thailand - Feb 13, 2011
- Al Qaeda planning to kidnap more Westerners - Nov 29, 2011
- 14 Algerian soldiers killed in ambush - Jul 30, 2009
- Gaddafi's daughter sick after seeing dead father on TV - Oct 22, 2011
- Gaddafi kin leave Algeria for Egypt: Report - Sep 26, 2011
- FIFA president visits Algeria - May 01, 2012
- Algeria lifts 19-year-old state of emergency - Feb 25, 2011
- Gaddafi's daughter gives birth to baby girl in Algeria - Aug 30, 2011