Alert sounded in Uttar PradeshAugust 2nd, 2012 - 1:25 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 1 (IANS) An alert was sounded across Uttar Pradesh following four low-intensity explosions in Pune in Mahararashtra Wednesday, police said, as they stepped up security in major cities including Lucknow, Varanasi and Kanpur.
The alert was ordered at the instructions of Director General of Police A.C. Sharma, Inspector General of Police (Law and Order) Badri Prasad Singh told IANS.
Heavy checking was being conducted at public place including malls, cinema halls, shopping complexes, markets, hotels and restaurants, police officials said.
Special patrolling was done in Lucknow, Agra, Varanasi, Kanpur, Moradabad, Allahabad, Azamgarh and Faizabad, they said.
- Cabinet meet postponed over Ayodhya verdict - Sep 29, 2010
- Lucknow DM, DIG cautions against interpretation of Ayodhya Verdict - Sep 30, 2010
- Ayodhya Verdict: CCS to meet at PM's residence, BJP leaders at Advani's place - Sep 30, 2010
- Verdict on Ayodhya title suit today - Sep 30, 2010
- UP reverses Mayawati's police change - Mar 20, 2012
- Ayodhya verdict: Government extends ban on bulk SMSes, MMSes till Friday - Sep 30, 2010
- Akhilesh transfers 112 cops - Mar 27, 2012
- Security beefed up in Uttar Pradesh for Barawafat festival - Feb 15, 2011
- UP jewellers protest duty hike - Mar 31, 2012
- Men in khaki leave UP government red-faced - Jul 14, 2012
- Gangsters take family hostage, shoot dead cop in UP (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- IPS officers reshuffled in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 20, 2012
- Eid celebrated with traditional fervour in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 20, 2012
- Muharram observed throughout the country - Dec 28, 2009
- 33 IPS officers shifted in UP, power chief also booted out - Jul 31, 2012
Tags: azamgarh, cinema halls, director general, explosions, hotels, inspector general, intensity, law and order, major cities, malls, patrolling, police law, police officials, prasad, pune, restaurants, shopping complexes, varanasi