Alert in Madhya Pradesh, night cinema shows suspendedSeptember 14th, 2008 - 1:52 am ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Sep 14 (IANS) The Madhya Pradesh government Saturday sounded high alert in the state following the serial bombings in New Delhi and night shows in all cinema houses here were suspended as an added security measure.”The state was already on alert since the blasts that rocked Bangalore and Ahmedabad (in July) but the security has been further beefed up, specially in Bhopal, Indore and Ujjain,” Madhya Pradesh Director General of Police S.K. Raut said.
Bhopal police chief Jaideep Prasad told IANS: “We have decided to suspend night shows in all cinema halls here as a precautionary measure. Relaxation in this may be provided after reviewing the situation in a day or two.”
A close vigil was being maintained at religious places, railway stations, bus terminuses, cinema houses, malls and shopping complexes, and important government buildings and institutions in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-ruled state.
The central Indian state is known to be a stronghold of the banned Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), believed to be behind the Indian Mujaheedin that has claimed the responsibility for the Delhi, Ahmedabad and Bangalore bombings.
- High alert in Madhya Pradesh, night cinema shows suspended (Lead) - Jul 27, 2008
- High alert in Madhya Pradesh - Jul 27, 2008
- Properties of Madhya Pradesh officials raided - Jan 17, 2012
- Medical student's body exhumed in Madhya Pradesh - Jan 29, 2012
- STF to probe murder of senior scribe, family - Feb 19, 2012
- Kashmiri student out of danger (Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Two Madhya Pradesh officials fired for releasing SIMI members (Lead) - Feb 04, 2011
- Congress protests Madhya Pradesh's fertiliser, power shortage (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Three school children among five killed in accident - Dec 25, 2011
- Anti-corruption raids of officials yields crores - Jan 13, 2012
- Killings of scribe, family terrible incident, says Congress - Feb 20, 2012
- CBI to probe RTI activist's murder in Bhopal - Aug 18, 2011
- Five SIMI activists arrested in Madhya Pradesh - Oct 21, 2009
- Congress workers wave black flags at Sudarshan at Indore - Nov 12, 2010
- Madhya Pradesh cracks down on striking nurses 100 arrested - Feb 03, 2011