Albanian fugitive held after 15 years in LondonApril 12th, 2012 - 12:59 am ICT by IANS
London, April 11 (IANS) An Albanian accused of multiple murders in his native country and on the run for 15 years, has been finally arrested in north London.
Ndrieim Sadushi, 41, is alleged to have been involved in the killing of three people and the attempted murder of a fourth in Albania in 1997, the Daily Mail reported.
He was picked up Tuesday night by police outside his home in Southgate on an international warrant.
In addition to being wanted by the Albanian police, authorities in Italy accuse Sadushi of money laundering and drugs trafficking.
Officers from the Metropolitan Police’s extradition unit arrested Sadushi outside a property in High Road, Southgate.
- UK refuses to hand over Musharraf to Pakistan in absence of extradition treaty - Apr 03, 2011
- Afghan sisters shot dead in 'honour killing' - Jul 23, 2012
- Statement from Scotland Yard on Julian Assange - Dec 07, 2010
- SA prosecutor accused of 'sabotaging' Brit-Indian honeymooners case with 'fugitive' comments - Feb 21, 2011
- Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout extradited to U.S. - Nov 16, 2010
- Tunisia's Ben Ali sentenced to 20 more years in jail - Jun 14, 2012
- Swimsuit model held for heading global drug ring - Mar 18, 2012
- Navy War Room leak: London court accepts evidence (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Community cop 'ran sleazy sex parlour with wife' - Oct 18, 2010
- Extradite rape accused to Australia, Indian government told - May 20, 2012
- Delhi Police get custody of two terror suspects - Jul 09, 2012
- 19 more arrested for Mumbai violence - Aug 22, 2012
- Pakistan has not yet requested Britain for Musharraf's extradition: Cameron - Apr 06, 2011
- Former Bosnian president held for war crimes in London - Mar 02, 2010
- Assange fights extradition in British Supreme Court - Feb 01, 2012
Tags: albania, albanian police, attempted murder, daily mail, drugs, extradition, fugitive, international warrant, italy, london london, metropolitan police, money laundering, multiple murders, north london, police authorities, southgate, trafficking, tuesday night