Al-Fayed repeats ‘murder’ allegation at Diana inquestFebruary 18th, 2008 - 11:24 pm ICT by admin
London, Feb 18 (DPA) Harrods’ owner Mohammed al-Fayed Monday repeated his claim that his son Dodi and Princess Diana were murdered in a plot engineered by Britain’s intelligence services at the behest of senior members of the royal family. Al-Fayed, an Egyptian multi-millionaire who owns London’s Harrods department store, and the Ritz Hotel in Paris, launched a savage attack on Prince Philip during his testimony at the inquest into Diana’s and Dodi’s death in London Monday.
The British royal family could “not accept” the prospect of his son, Dodi, becoming the stepfather of Diana’s two boys, the princes William and Harry, al-Fayed said in an emotional outburst.
He branded Philip, the 86-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth II, as a “Nazi” and a “racist” and said, “It’s time to send him back to Germany from where he comes.”
“You want to know his original name - it ends with Frankenstein,” al-Fayed said.
He also said Diana had told him that she knew Philip and Prince Charles, her ex-husband, were “trying to get rid of her,” al-Fayed said.
Diana herself had told him that she was pregnant in a phone call, he said.
“Diana told me on the telephone that she was pregnant. I’m the only person they told. They told me they were engaged and would announce their engagement Monday morning. She would speak to her sons when she returned from Paris,” al-Fayed told the inquest.
The princess and Dodi, who was heir to the al-Fayed empire, died in a car crash in Paris on Aug 31, 1977, after a brief holiday together on the al-Fayed yacht in the south of France.
- Mohamed al-Fayed claims he torched Harrods' royal warrants - Aug 23, 2010
- 'Princess Diana was murdered' - Jul 22, 2010
- Princess Diana, Dodi Fayed memorials to be removed from Harrods? - Aug 15, 2010
- Tony Blair 'worried for Princess Di' when she started dating Dodi Fayed - Sep 03, 2010
- `Princess Diana died as attempt to scare her went wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- 'Diana died after plan to frighten her into leaving lover went horribly wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Nazi, racist British Royals slaughtered Di: Mohamed al-Fayed - Feb 19, 2008
- New book tells story if Diana had not died in car crash - Jan 06, 2011
- '500 pieces of crucial evidence withheld in Princess Diana inquest' - Aug 07, 2010
- Princess Di's life story turned into comic book - Nov 03, 2009
- Kate will wear ghost of Diana on hand: Ex-butler - Apr 26, 2011
- William - a prince, a pilot and a patron of charities - Apr 29, 2011
- Chauffeur behind Princess Di's death was 'framed as a drunk driver' - May 20, 2010
- Letter on Di's fears of being killed withheld by senior police officers - Sep 26, 2009
- There was no Diana murder plot, says inquest judge - Apr 01, 2008