Akhilesh Yadav to be UP chief minister (Lead)March 10th, 2012 - 1:50 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 10 (IANS) Akhilesh Yadav, 38, will be the next chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, the Samajwadi Party said Saturday.
Akhilesh, the son of party chief and former chief minister Mulayam Singh Yadav and MP from Kannauj, will be the youngest to hold the post in Uttar Pradesh, the party said after a meeting of its legislators here.
Akhilesh was credited with steering his party to a thumping victory in India’s most politically crucial state, ousting the Bahujan Samaj Party of Mayawati. The SP bagged 224 seats in the 403-member assembly.
- Akhilesh sworn in as UP chief minister (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav becomes UP's youngest chief minister (Third Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- At 38, Akhilesh to be UP's youngest chief minister (Second Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- Akhilesh becomes UP chief minister (Second Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Akhilesh takes over, shunts out Mayawati loyalists (Evening Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Akhilesh set to take over, promises a new UP (Roundup) - Mar 10, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav: From football, movies to crown of UP politics (Profile) - Mar 10, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav arrested, calls Mayawati autocratic (Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Dimple Yadav to contest from Kannauj? - Mar 15, 2012
- 24x7 power for Akhilesh, Mulayam's constituencies - Mar 22, 2012
- Mayawati quits, warns against SP's hooliganism (Third Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Leaders held, workers baton-charged in Samajwadi Party protests (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Mayawati quits as UP chief minister (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- On day of love, warring leaders in battleground UP - Feb 14, 2012
- Dimple Yadav to launch second political innings Tuesday - Jun 04, 2012