Akhilesh transfers 112 copsMarch 27th, 2012 - 3:10 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 27 (IANS) In what amounts to a virtual change of guard in Uttar Pradesh’s top police establishment, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Tuesday reshuffled 112 officers, including four directors general of police (DGPs) and 65 of the state’s 75 superintendents of police (SPs).
The large scale transfers also include eight additional directors general (ADG), 16 inspectors general (IG) and 19 deputy inspectors general.
This means that 65 of the 75 districts in the state now have new police chiefs. The remaining were changed earlier.
Removing all officials posted by his predecessor Mayawati, Akhilesh Yadav has posted new district police chiefs in almost the entire state, including Moradabad, Allahabad, Saharanpur, Varanasi and Bulandshahr to name a few.
The entire top brass of the police in districts neighbouring New Delhi, in western Uttar Pradesh, have been rejigged and have new and loyal faces of the new Samajwadi Party (SP) government.
Some of the changes include Kannauj, represented by Akhilesh Yadav in parliament, which has a new police chief in Vinod Kumar Singh and Ashutosh Kumar, hitherto SP (Railways) in Agra who has been sent as SSP (senior superintendent of police) of Noida.
- Akhilesh transfers 1,000 bureaucrats in 24 days - Apr 09, 2012
- UP reverses Mayawati's police change - Mar 20, 2012
- 33 IPS officers shifted in UP, power chief also booted out - Jul 31, 2012
- 70 IAS officials transferred in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 13, 2012
- Youth hangs self at police station in UP; two suspended - May 01, 2012
- Leaders held, workers baton-charged in Samajwadi Party protests (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Now another vop leaves Uttar Pradesh Police red-faced - May 21, 2012
- Saharanpur DIG's conduct unacceptable, says Akhilesh - May 10, 2012
- Kill eloped daughter, suggests senior UP cop - May 09, 2012
- Akhilesh set to take over, promises a new UP (Roundup) - Mar 10, 2012
- Dimple Yadav to launch second political innings Tuesday - Jun 04, 2012
- Conspiracy in UP firing that killed three? - Apr 02, 2012
- UP government rolls out 133 ambulances - Sep 14, 2012
- Dimple files nomination, plays 'bahu' card - Jun 05, 2012
- Men in khaki leave UP government red-faced - Jul 14, 2012
Tags: agra, akhilesh yadav, ashutosh, chief minister, dgps, district police, ig, inspectors general, large scale, New Delhi, police chief, police chiefs, predecessor, railways, Samajwadi Party, superintendent, top brass, uttar pradesh, varanasi, vinod kumar